PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated Noob

FarmersFight08
01-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Howdy,

Im new to the board and hog hunting. Just got back from our place south of Stockdale empty handed again and am frustrated. However we pulled the camera and found that there isn't much hog action on our property. After the revelation that I can't shoot what isn't there, I might need to look for a new place around the Lulin, Seguin , Gonzales area. Any recommendations of places around there is appreciated.

I do want to end with a question. We currently have our feeder going off at 4 and 10 pm. I would like to change the times to 5 and 630 as to keep any game that come to feed at the feeder longer and to try an get some game before its gets late your thoughts?

ARhoghunter
01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
If you have water & cover, you probably have some hogs. Ours left this summer during the drought & are just now starting to filter back in. However, they are not coming to the feeders much right now because of the acorn crop, & other natural foods. Last weekend I watched one veer away from the feeder to go play with 2 friends in a wallow around a telephone pole. The only pine trees still alive around my tree stand were between me & that pole! No shot & they never came in to the feeder. Don't know how long you have owned the land, but I would think you would start to see more in another month. This has been our experience this year.

stoeger9
01-31-2012, 03:43 PM
FarmersFight08.

I agree with ARhoghunter, be patient. About the time you leave and go elsewhere you will miss some good hunting.

I will bet by the 1st of March you will be seeing lots of hogs. Keep that camera out and keep checking it.

stoeger9

armdcitizn

NRA Member

kd8jgu
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
The property I hunt goes in spells.
I will have 3 or 4 sounders come in for 2 -3 weeks straight then they will stop for a few weeks then back again