PDA

View Full Version : Place to hog hunt

clint35m
01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
My name is Clint I have been following the forums for some time and this is the first time I had something to ask. I am home on my R&R from Afghanistan I setup a hog hunt luckly I did not put down a payment or anything. I tried to contact the outfitters for the hunt to see if the hunt is still good since the weather has been changing since I returned home. I tried to email, text, and call with no contact. I was really really looking forward to a relaxing hunt while I am home. My question is does anyone know a good outfitter that are not booked and able to do a hog hunt with in a week. I was hoping to get a couple meat hogs and a nice trophy hog. I am not looking to spend a lot since I budgeted my money for the other ranch I am looking to spend no more than $500 for a full day or two day hunt. I really want to hunt this weekend if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be really helpful.

Gigem
01-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Clint,
First, Thanks for your service! Sorry your hunt didn't work out. What outfitter were you booked with? We're booked up for the next several weeks...or I would take you myself. Hopefully you can find something before you have to head out. When do you deploy?
Be Safe,
Clark

clint35m
01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
I would say what outfitter but I don't want to make people think there a bad outfitters I did book the hunt abput 4 months ago so they could have stopped hunting. I did find a place that was able to get me in I am going out to the Newsom Ranch I contacted one of the owners and he seems like a great person and willing to help me get a big trophy hog. I am going to be back in Texas in July so if this hunt doesn't produce a big hog I will be looking to go out and try my luck again. Thanks for the help and getting back to me

ARhoghunter
02-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Let us know how your hunt turns out. We have a small place fairly close that we shoot hogs for meat. No records, but if you got land, you got hogs. July is a usually a slow month at our place but sometimes we need another gun. Thanks for serving & keep in touch with this sight.

clint35m
02-10-2013, 06:42 AM
The hog hunt was fun got some good meat hogs very clean no ticks or fleas on them. ARhoghunter I will keep in touch with the sight and thanks for the offer I will never turn down a hunt to fill my freezer and spend time with other hunters who enjoy doing the same thing.

Freerorbust
10-10-2013, 10:17 AM
I won't cancel or not maintain contact!

krich29
12-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I won't cancel or not maintain contact!

Afternoon Clark,
Thank You for offering one of our service men the chance to hunt with you, I believe his name was Clint, home from Afganistan.
I am planning a trip to Texas late March or early April to go hog hunting and would like to hook up with you and bring a couple of freinds as well. We will all want the premo package. Reach out to me as to your schedule so I can work out the logistics and go after them pigs. Thanks.

Ken Rich