Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think anytime you can get family members involved in hunting that is a huge accomplishment, good for you. My wife shows interest but is not the outdoors type. What I find is that she like all the products / clothing that are on the market for women who hunt, for example Bass Pro Shops has a huge section for hunting appereal for women. My advice is to make the experience as rewardind as possible and get her hooked the first time that way she really enjoys going out hunting, the family that hunts together stays together!!!

My wife asks me when I'm feeding the pigs next. All she does is makes fun of me. She told her mom I love pigs. So her mom buys me all these damn ceramic pigs for christmas and my b-day. No bueno! She has no desire to even shoot a gun. It's no problem though I'm 34 and i get to spend time with my dad. The guy who was mia for so long in my life and thats cool he realizes he F ed up and that taught me not to F up with my chittlins. My daughters three and she is already learning and excited about tracking hogs. Plus she wants the hello kitty version of the Ar-15. I love that. Only problem is my 1 1/2 yearold wants everything she has, problem is he's boy.

Ok here goes, I know I'm asking for it by the bow hunters. I have nothing against a good bow shooter who can place a arrow in the kill zone, but learning to shoot a bow skillfully is a lot more difficult, in many ways, than shooting a rifle. I would start her off with a rifle, in a caliber she is comfortabe with (243 or 270 maybe?) and let her practice with the bow on targets until she gets it. A wounded animal that goes off in the woods to die a slow death by infection is a sad situation.

I tried to get my Daughter to shoot my 270 and she didn't like the recoil.I let her shoot my a bolt 223 she loved it.A 243 is an awesome round and probably work well.Good luck Chuck

We don't bow hunt but my wife loves to hog hunt. She uses an AR 223 w/ a destroyer, laser, & scope. She has also used our $100 SKS & loved it till I bought her the AR for Christmas last yr. Now she also has a new Springfield 9m she carries from this Christmas! Just find something that will hook her.

Got my wife started with a .50 BP gun and 80gr of powder pushing a 240gr powerbelt bullet. Soon realized that those powerbelts really stink for penetration. SO without her knowing it after she wounded a really good buck that we did not find, I upped her powder to 90grs and a 250 gr sabot and it knocked her next deer down in it's tracks. She never knew that I upped it until after I asked her how or if it felt any diff. She said no, so.......................if it works for her, go with it.