A SOLDIERS THANKS

I just want to take a moment to recognize and thank every single one of the members and nonmembers of this forum that have in one way or another pledged and have given support to OUR project. As a Soldier it awes me to be able to see a plan and strong commitment come from so many strangers to help out other strangers that have in someway suffered a great pain and disability in the service of their country. The members of this forum have taken a simple idea that I had and turned it into a very worth while project to help those that may feel they will never be able to hunt again or enjoy the outdoors again due to their disabling injuries. I want to specially thank Neill Davidson, for taking this idea and turning to his friends and family to get an area for this hunt to take place. I also want to thank Neil’s friends and family for taking time out of their lives and their busy schedule to see that this can happen. What every one here has done and is giving, Has made me proud once again to realize that my sacrifice and the sacrifice of my brothers and sisters in today’s military actually still means something to some very special people out there. You all will forever be in my thoughts and prayers not as strangers but always from here on out as friends and family. I hope I can truly say that on behalf of Soldiers every were past and present. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COMITMENT. GODBLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.

The "Thank You" should go to you and everybody like you. When you get back I hope we get to hunt together and talk about the difference I have seen in the attitude this Country has regarding the Military. Keep your head up and your ass down, stay safe my friend,,, Corbin and Patty

is there a date set for this project? I want to help out and want the date as soon as it is known for planning purposses. Also, realize it's gonna get damn hot soon!

Quote Originally Posted by dougepooo
    is there a date set for this project? I want to help out and want the date as soon as it is known for planning purposses. Also, realize it's gonna get damn hot soon!
    We are tentatively shooting for April 17th - 18th. I should have the names of the soldiers this week and once we get their commanders approval we are going to nail down the exact dates. Thanks for your question!

ok those dates are good for me so far and i think I can help in what ever way i am most needed, just let me know what i can do, pack mule, money food and drinks, whatever. I am not offering to cook em but I could pick up and partailly pay for some crawfish if thats what you guys wanted to do. Some one just let me know what I can do, and Don Bazer says hes in as well. And as stated before, we have a place to stay if need be.

ya know, every night when i close my eyes i thank God for all my blessings. Amoung them the oppertunity to be an American and live in a free state. The oppertunity to hunt ,fish and enjoy the outdoors, by right and by physical ability.I thank God for good health, relative wealth, and oppertunity. For a great family to grow up with and for blessings to numerous to even try to fathem. And than, as if I deserve it I ask for more. I ask for continued blessings for myself, my family,my friends,nighbors,country, and the world. and finally i ask for the most important of all things, that God will prepare me aplace in heaven and hold that spot for me. Then in exchange, i offer up all that I have and ask God to help me to earn that spot. I ask him to bless the world and please bless some of them through me. Give me the strength to stop when someone needs my help and the knowledge and means to help. and all people or deserving of some hep not the least of which are those who gave of themselves to serve our country. If you want to help earn your spot please, sign up and do whatever you can.send money, send blessings of any type, go out and elp with whatever you can even if only for a few hours. lats make this a success and show our appreciation. Thank you for your time and for reading my thread, James Douglas Pickering

I got this in an e-mail today, hope you all enjoy it.. *Dear Civilians, ' We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can' t join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:* 1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem - kick their ass. 2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their ass. 3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass. 4. (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be ' Special Forces. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked. 5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, ' Do you fly a jet? ' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt). 6.If you witness someone calling the *US Coast Guard* ' non-military ' , inform them of their mistake - and kick their ass. 7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) passes by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking. 8. Don ' t try to discuss politics with a military member or veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In- Chief(CinC). The President (for those who didn ' t know) is our CinC Regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked. 9. ' Your mama wears combat boots ' never made sense to me - stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass! 10. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying ' Let ' s go kill those Commies! ' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me - if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass! 11. ' Flyboy ' (*Air Force*), ' Jarhead ' (*Marines),* ' Grunt ' (*Army*), ' Squid ' (*Navy*), ' Puddle Jumpers ' (*Coast Guard*), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked. 12. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing; they could be with their families.. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our Country would get it's ass kicked.. ' * ' It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. ' ' It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. ' ' It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. ' ' It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag * AND ONE MORE:: 13. If you ever see anyone either standing for or singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR ASS.

To: Dougepooo----Thanks for tht last two post. I really enjoyed them,,, From: an old Jarhead,,