Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vanes or feathers what do you use?

I would like to know what fellow hunters like on there arrows, I currently have 3" duravanes and quick spin st.I like them both, each have pros and cons.

I'm not to picky when it comes to the flethings on an arrow. I normaly just shot whatever kind of vane that Gold Tip puts on there XT Hunters. However, I do like those Quick Fletch Speed Hunter Vanes. I have used these on arrows when the fletchings get bad and they shot the same as what comes on the Gold Tip XT's. The white color on the end sure helps you see the blood better.

i use feathers, shield cut ones.

2" Blazers on Carbon Express 350's

Feathers are very forgiving but you will lose some accuracy at longer yardages. Blazers are good, but they tend to not be very forgiving. For hunting I dont think there are any bad vanes, I mostly shoot Blazers. I had shot 3" marco vanes until they came out. Most folks have no problems with either, but I got into bowhunting from the target archery side of things.

Thanks gentlemen! I like reading what you all have wrote. I like your input also, keep them coming!!

Feathers for sure my friend. But, I use a bamboo and wood bow or an all wood bow with an arrow rest. the feathers lay down on the rest while the vanes bounce the arrow a bit. Traditional and modern shooting is a totally different science and set of phyisics to consider. i even use feathers on a mediaval style crossbow too.

i like the blazer vanes they seem to be the only ones i never really had problem with using the wisker bisket.ing two I normally shoot my arrows with white cresting with two white vanes and a single zebra pattern vane

I use Blazers . wouldn't shoot anything else. Beamans or Eastons.

I shoot a long bow , so it's feathers for me.