Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Question for everybody or anybody with the answers I'm looking for!! How short of vanes can you put on crossbow bolts? as long as their profile isn't to tall

On your first question..I shoot Blazers with my bow now. When I shot my recurve I shot feathers. I have never shot a x-bow or fletched a bolt..Sorry I cant help ya with that.

On my 22" bolts they are 5" long with a 1/2 profile

I tried the quick spin with the kickers and they make an awful racket when the leave the bow. I had fletched 4 arrows and had 4 of my blazers and had shot several times to make sure it just was not me thinking some thing was wrong with them. I will have this on film and hope that I can catch the noise and put it up in a couple of days.

I agree with the noise, but they do improve your groupings. I'm going to give x-vanes a go to see how I like them. Thanks for the bolt reply mrstxbhunter.

I switched to blazers. My broadheads were shooting two inches left and 6 inches low. Refletched with blazers. Whamo. Right on, wasp jack hammers got to expensive to be shooting deer in the swamps. Went back to muzzys.

3" vanes work on Xbow bolts...my R&D guy said they are shooting much flatter (2" higher as previously sighted in) and sinkin deeper in to the target at 30 yds. 3" duravanes with a helix more than the factory 5" I called and aske Horton if I could put shorter vanes on, they said firmly 5" only......I listen well!

I shoot both. One Conquest 3 is setup for Gold Tip's flteched with Flex Fletch 3.8 vanes and the other Conquest 3 is setup with same shaft fletched with 4" True Flight feathers.

Thanks for visiting the post! Keep em coming

have you guys tried the new stuff? Ive been in a rut with blazervanes and duravanes (by all means not a bad rut!). Just seeing if you guys have tried any of the new stuff and to see if you like it.