Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

last hog of 2008, killed with night vision

well this is our last hog of the year, number 70 and our new record for a year. Michelle hunted without me this evening and heard hogs but could never see them. She came home and picked me and the kids up and we went back to try and kill one with Night vision equipment. I was using a DPMS .308 with 6 power night vision scope on it. Sorry I don't know much about the scope at this time other than it is awesome! You can see through brush and very clearly without the aid of the infrared surefire light attached to it. Turn on the light and it's almost like day time. I shot the hog in the neck from about 60 yards and the last ten yards was dense brush. we have had a good year hunting with 192 days in the field, down from our usual 203 days.

why cant we see pics?

not sure, this site doesn't seem to like my picture links.

I would really be interested in more information on the scope you used. Generation 2 - 3? Russian? Price? Where to get? Batteries? Thanks Kevin

I really don't know much about it the VP of L3 EOTech left it here for me to use for a week or so. HE picked it up a while back. You might contact Ed Schoppeman at Eotech and see if he can give more info. I think the cost was around $15,000!!!!!! I know Eotech offers some smaller ones at a better price, I've used those as well but don't remember much in the way of details. they also have them that are compatable with the HOLOsights. pretty cool stuff I can tell you that!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike
    why cant we see pics?
    Just fyi, if you'll click on the Insert/Edit Image button (see screenshot below with the button that has a mountain and Sun on it circled) and paste your link in there instead, everything should work. Thanks!

thanks Neil.

That scope looks like a Raptor 6X, they are now restricted for Military and Law Enforcement sales only. If it is a Raptor, it is the VERY BEST Gen III scope made.........bar none. It has a mansized target detection range of 2400 + meters with a quarter moon. The huge 178mm objective lens feeds the light to the ITT tube. That scope weighs just over 60 oz. They cost 7,300.00 new Here is a pic of a pasture poodle I shot @ 328 yards , I used a Raptor mounted on a .243 during a new moon. Hope this answers any questions about the scope. Jed

that looks like the same scope. I didn't ask many questions I just used it. Pretty cool scopes. I knew it was way out of my league at either price.

That scope not only looks expensive... ITIS!