Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT HOOD HUNTING

FT HOOD HUNTING

Anybody ever hunt here? just wondering i got here about a month ago and have been here in the woods every weekend trying to find the sign but to no prevale ive tried spot lighting, looking for rubs and rutting nothing am i doing somthing wong? The natural resorce lady on base says the trapper catches 100-130 a month with numbers like that i think there would be some sort of sign there here. Thanks for the help, Brandon

I've been all over hood too, seen a few tracks etc. there are hogs there, but they are spotty. if you haven't seen it already, there is a map in the back room of the sportsmans center that shows the hog hot spots. I quit setting up on hood because of the thieves, and because of the rule that you can't hunt within 150 yards of a trap. that rule allows the trappers to shut down some pretty good spots (like the two ponds on the south side of area 36) with just a few traps. I'll probably mostly stay out of there unless they say I can run my dogs, which I'm sure they won't. good luck and lock your stuff down. by the way, if you do find a honey hole, keep it to yourself, unless you have somebody you really trust not to spread it around, or you want to tell me

Thats what i kinda figured about hood cause fort sill was the same way except you were not allowed to bait. And just like sill i see that people here would like to take others hard work and use it else were for their own use. I had stands stolen from me at Sill and that blew all my confidence in hunting on a military installation and why i look for places off post.

ya i hear yall i have seen the map and hunt 53 back side of the poind and dont see nothing i shot a coyote tho the other night will in the stand he was enjoying my corn also as i found out today when you put stands out anybody can use them so i went to go turkey hunting some guy was in my stand calling in a jake and about the dogs you can only bring dogs to "train" and all vacinations have to be up to date and about off post i just dont have the bank to pay to hunt so....but i hear from you guys sam houston wma is good so i might have to head down there

you got granger wma bout an hour away from hood its public land vno pay to hunt

Ya'll in the wrong place, hit Belton.Iron bribge park.

In Granger, all you need is the $48 public hunting permit and u can hunt all across the state.

Lake Belton, Squirt? Never heard of them being in or around there.

me niether but ill try it out squirt you from around here

Squirt, Same APH needed for this park? Igot mine and was just wondering. Gonna check it out.