Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hogs and flour

Hogs and flour

I talked to a customer yesterday at work who told me that he uses flour in his hog feeders to attract the hogs. Just regular ol' every-day flour. Bleached or un-bleached, wet or dry, it don't matter. I know that flour is made from corn and other grains, but to see hogs eating it.... He said that the hogs will choose flour over corn every time. I talked to the guy for about 20 minutes or so and he even invited me to come hunt and see for myself. He has land down near Houston and he buys the flour from grocers in large quantities that have been damaged, smushed, ripped open or whatever, in transit. He could tell that I was having a hard time believing him, so he went out to his truck and got a camera andshowed me some pictures of him and hogs he's killed and they're covered with the stuff, he says they absolutely love it. He also showed me videos of the hogs at the feeders just gobbling the stuff up. Anyone else ever heard of this????

I can see how that works. I know a guy that uses cake batter. He buys it from a bakery supply place in 50lb bagsand mixes it up in a 5 gallon bucket works like a charm. I also know a guy that uses culled chocolate candy from somewhere around Dallas to bait his traps. He gets alot of it and his hogs are always butterball fat.

Marshall, Can you forward or post the video?..... I'm all for it!!!

The videos and pics were on his camera. Sorry, I have no access to them.

Flour?? That's why I like this site,, I have never heard of it for hog bait but I am going to give it a try,, I will let you know.... Thanks for the info,, Corbin and Patty

What the heck.I'm going out again this Monday night and i'll put 10# a flour in a pile by the feeder and see waht happens. If I end up stinking up the area for that night, the game cam should get pics of them eating it the following nights. Should be interesting!

on my way to H.E.B.. I have heard some methods in my day, but this one takes the "CAKE" lol.

did u see anything? how did flour work?

Well....what was the outcome? I am curious to hear about it too.

If anybody has tried this, let me know if it worked.