Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hogs and flour

we have used rice bran , flour , day old bread we sometimes buy it by the truck load and just feed it if you can find a tortilla facture they will usally let you put a couple of barrels thier and they will throw the rejects in it and man it feeds hogs real good also you can find a big cow trough and keep it filled with rice bran and they hogs will actual sleep in it.

yes ive tried it, and it does work!!! hogs love flour any type of grain etc, i used to get free bread a few years back before this bakery closed down hogs would go crazy over the bread, then a farmer in woodville showed me an old trick using the flour and bait holes mixed with water and corn i dug bait holes layedered the corn with floiur and dirt i will post pictures as soon as i dig through my photo cd it worked great espeically if it is free, i wouldnt just go buy it as i believe rice bran and sweet feed work as well with less mess

Sounds like a cheap, easy bait to me. I think I may put some out near a favorite watering hole for them in West Texas and see what happens.

still waiting for a video from Sirvival with hogs coverd in flour then blasted with the 30-30.

aggiebowhunter wrote... I also know a guy that uses culled chocolate candy from somewhere around Dallas to bait his traps. He gets alot of it and his hogs are always butterball fat. AFFAmember a few years ago did an Agriscience Fair project on fattening cattle with chocolate. This student lived near the Hershey candy factory and cattle nearby were fed the chocolate. I don't remember the particulars other than it seemed to work very well as compared to regular cattle feeds.

Huh...how bout that?? I'll have to give that a try...

That would have to be a lot of Hershey's kisses to fatten up a big ol boar. LOL

MMMM.....chocolate....maybe I will start eating Snickers bars in the tree stand. I tried Twix at the 4Pines!!!! LMAO!!!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

I think it is the snickers that made this ol boar fatten up too much.