Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Women Chased by Wild Hog

ST. PETERSBURG - Cassandra Frank was at home this morning when the father of her children told her he thought he saw a pig on the lawn. When Frank, 26, went outside, she was stunned. An enormous sow was staring her down. "This one was pretty large," Frank said. "I guess it wanted to be in charge of somebody." The 200-pound pig charged her and Frank ran across the yard, held on to a tree and screamed. The animal used its tusks, striking her in the back of the leg. After awhile, the pig ran off. Frank, who got a cut and bruises during the attack, called 911, worried that the animal would attack children in her neighborhood along 23rd Avenue North. "You get the call, 'Big pig on the loose,' you think someone else could get hurt," St. Petersburg Fire and Rescue Lt. Dan Robinson said. Robinson, along with Pinellas County Animal Control officers, found the pig in a nearby yard. It was still ornery as the officers approached. "At one point during the capture, the hog had me running for cover up a six-foot wooden fence," Robinson said. "They'll shred you up if you're not careful." Robinson said this was the first time in his 15-year career that he's responded to a wild pig call. Frank said her friends gave her a some grief today for running from the pig and seeing authorities and reporters at her home. "What was going through my mind was get the hell away from it," she said. "I've never seen a pig that big." Animal control officers were able to lasso the sow, which suffered a broken leg during its capture. It was euthanized this afternoon. Frank said she was saddened when she learned of the sow's death - although she expects to have a phobia of pigs from now on. "I don't want to be anywhere around pork," she said.

Some of the wildest critters live in the city.

Iread another story about a lady jogger. Some city park had put out cardboard cutouts of yote's to scare the geese away. This lady jogger went by one, freaked out and went to the nearest fire dept saying the yote growled at her and had them call the authorities. They actually came to investigate. Almost acandidate for the Darwin Award. LMAO.

I am not to suprised they lassoed it instead of just blasting it. Hell a bullet is cheaper than a vet.

Here's the hog that chased the lady in the story. It don't look so tough. Notice the drinking his coffee while holding the lasso. LOL

I don't kill animals. I now "euthanize" them. That's some funny stuff.

I think I could get an arrow in that one, as long as the guy with the coffee would hold still.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Are you sure?

hey the pig just didnt want to end up as her dinner lol