Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

To Those Who Bowhunt, REad This

Guys, Iread this on one of my other hunting forums and was outraged at what this women was trying to do and how she was going about it. She has not a clue as to how well such animals can be dispatched with a well placed arrow. Yes, we all have made bad shots and probably still will, but what she is trying to do is wrong. Check it out and let's hear y'alls opinion. Whatever you do, do not sign the petition. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/abo...-the-brutality

you know at one time or another we are going to make a shot that will haunt us for along time. but that does not mean that we do not care about the animales we hunt. i personally love to watch deer feed an squirls play in the tree's an just because we love to bow hunt does make us brutal hunters.I am outraged at what this lady is trying to do.an the way she is trying too do it.

It is a good thing she did not say it to where I could hear it. May have had to sign a blank check for bail money. LOL I am an avid archer and have always respected the animal I pursue, whether it be a squirell or an elk. Size does not matter. It is one of a living creature and a good clean dispatch should be first and foremost on everyones mind when they decide to squeeze the trigger. They way she puts it is that we are all brutal killers and have no respect for the way the animal suffers. Go to the slaughter house and see how the put down cattle before they are processed. Get a life lady..................

I read ALL responses and some are down-right comical. These people don't have a clue as to who contributes the most to conservation or how the meat that THEY BUY is prepared for their consumption. Although the video clip is very sad, I'm sure this was an accident of some sort. I can't believe that this shot did not go any farther through the deer than that. OR some moron took a very unethical shot and the results are this video.

i always try to take the most ethical shot when i hunt. seeing that video makes me think who ever shot did nottake the time to wait for a good clean body shot. all but 1 deer i have shot with bow have dropped within 50 yards of the stand. the other i lost cause it was a bad shot. but to hear some one say im a savage for shooting a deer with a bow is bullcrap. an suffer cause i use a cutting blade instead of a peice of lead. were is she at so i can demonstrate the effectiveness of a 390gr arrow traviling at 250 fps.

Generally bowhunters are a great group of folks. They are well practiced and very conscious of their actions. However Ive been around a few that have no business with a stick and a string. Bowhunting takes patience and experience. Alot can go wrong from the time you touch off that arrow and when it connects. Most of this boils down to never shooting an alarmed animal. With their head down and them being calm is they key. In old times if you could hit a paper plate a 20yds it was considered good. Nowdays with modern equipement if you cant keep it in a coke can at 20 you need more practice.

Coke can? What happened to 50 cent pcs or qtr's. At one time the 3D targets got boring so we used dimes and nickels at 20.Got a bowl fullof them. LOL

txbhunter1 wrote... Coke can? What happened to 50 cent pcs or qtr's. At one time the 3D targets got boring so we used dimes and nickels at 20.Got a bowl fullof them. LOL My original post before I edited it said a golfball but I figure thats unattainable for some folks. Personally if i can put three on a postage stamp at 20 im not happy.

Glad I'm stiiing down with my feet up. lmao

Better roll them britches legs up I shot olympic recurvein college and qualifiedfor the olympic trials once.