Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have some choice words for tahc, but due to a level of professionalism, and my respect and admiration for this site, I choose not to do so. But I will say this to the brothers of this site; if you transport swine illegally, DO NOT POST IT HERE. TACH has officials monitoring hog-hunting sites (Kyotee1 from texashuntingforums.com) He works with them. I wouldn't care if h was Rick Perry, if I pay for a license every year, it gives me the right to elminate hogs. Be careful Brothers, The Powers That Be are watching.

who is going to be dumb enough to stick hands in and get blood from a wild hog??? that is insane i agree they are a bunch of idiots who know nothing about hogs or hog hunting or game management i have alot of friends who own game ranches and there are no commercial hog farms even remotely in the area also on cattle farms i cant tell you how many hogs ive culled in cattle feield that has nothing to do with game ranches game ranches are not the threat they do way more good then how they are being restricted by TAHC name a documented case of where those diseases showed up in the last 5 yearas i havent heard of one yet!!! name a hog farm thaty was wiped out in texas?? i havent heard of one

TAHC can montitor me all they wont i wont bow down nor let them dictate me like i said they are clueless im with the law.... and yes i can and will state my opinion and beliefs

Howie, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. what i meant bro, is if anyone on this site decides to transport swine, ILLEGALLY please don't post what you're doing. People do it and not know its illegal. We just don't need heat from the "folks". My post wasn't directed to you bro. I think we were posting at the same time.

Squirt its cool bro its just this has been an ongoing battle for so long with no closure ya know im not agains rules at all, i have many many friends who have invested life savings on game ranches i have many more who make suplemental income off trapping and i promise none of them are wealthy because of it. there are a few companies making lots of money off feral swine and it is not us just like game ranches they are making am killing either most are breaking even andf some are a little ahead this has been aergued alot over the last couple years the problem that we have is all uniting towards a goal no one can make up there mind on what needs to be done when we had a good oppurtunity to make a showing all but a few backed out and left a few fighting for us and ill be honest i backed out as i was fighting for my life.

Ithink some folks around here have their head burried in the sand. Iread talk about trasporting wild hogs being the problem. The wild hogs are local 1st of all and since most game ranches don't raise live stock, wouldn't make since to take the hogs there where they end up in someones cooler? Oh yeah, how can Idebate with someone who has the mind set like thinking a high fenced hunt is a canned hunt? You obviously havn't done much hunting or you have lucked into a high success rate in the free range department. Truth is, a high fenced animal can be way more trickey to get an arrow into than a free range animal. Trouble with your kind of thinking,is that is one sided and misguided.

Ok, I have just finished printing and laminating signs to go on all border fences of our land advising the hogs that they will be in violation for TAHC regulations if they enter or exit our property. Of course since most hogs are incapable of reading (much like our government officials are incapable of thinking) I will be forced to develop picture type signs along the lines of a pic of a hog and a fence with a circle around it and a slash thru it. Come to think of it maybe I should create a sign along the same lines for our government officials. I wonder how so many people in this country survived for so long before we had so many government officials looking out for our well being? Has anyone ever given consideration to the fact that our government officials are so over regulating our food sources that it is weakening our imune system to the point that what would have made one of our ancestors burp or given them a mild case of the green apple quickstep would put someone today in the hospital with a case of dysentary (sp?)? Geez folks! at this rate our kids and their kids are gonna have to live in plastic bubbles and breath in pure oxygen in order to survive! I say throw a fresh cut (and rinsed) venison or pork steak on an open fire pit, cook it until its DONE and enjoy it the way the good Lord intended and to heck with all of the bleeding heart crybabies screaming that we're all gonna die from some disease! Ok, retreating now back to my corner and placing my soapbox back on the shelf!

dawgkllr wrote... I got an idea for all the game ranches...............Put up a sign on your front gate advertizing Hawg Resort and Hotel.When the health department shows up and starts askin questions just tell them that you dont know how they got there but they must have seen the sign and wanted to check it out. Then tell em its kinda like the Hotel California........they can check in but they can never leave (at least alive). This should confuse the government officials long enough for your hunters to clear out your current inventory then the next time they show up you can reply "what hogs? We got no stinkin hogs here!" On a serious note................. We, the citizens of this great state as well as every other state in this country will continue to have to put up with being railroaded by our government until we collectively decide to change those in office that are idiots, paid off and in office for their own gain! Because you will have to pay hotel and motel tax then. In all truth state of Texas is looking into ranches as a source of income for hotel and motel tax. Even if you give lodging for free as part of the hunt. Its about a dollar a person a night. More fun from the state of Texas.

If you can't tell the difference between a canned hunt and a high fence hunt, you may want to do a little research. I consider a canned hunt to be one where a caged animal is released in plain sight of the shooter and killed. A high fence hunt is something else completely. They can be extremely challenging. I've hunted a few ranches and tracked on a couple and if you think it's a gimme hunt, my opinion is that your mistaken. Also, on the statement that a trapper is in effect selling "your" hog, again, I think you are mistaken. If myself and my dogs legally and with permission catch a wild hog, then it is mine, to do with asI see fit, within the limits of the law. I am not selling anything that belongs to someone else, that would make me a thief. If somebody else wants a hog they are jolly well welcome to go and get their own, just like I did.