Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hog Pipe

Hog Pipe

I'm sure their are a lot of people that have done this, but I thought I would throw it out there for the folks that might not have heard of it. What you do is take a 4" PCV pipe cut it 4 to 6 foot. Take a regular cap on one end with a threaded eye bolt through the center. The other end you will use a threaded female with a threaded male plug. Once you glue all that together drill about 6 to 8 1/2" holes in the pipe. I use a steel dog stay with a swivel to attach it to. I use 5/16" "aircraft" cable with swivels to connect the pipe to the stay. You take off the threaded male plug to fill with your corn. The hogs will push it in a circle all night trying to get the corn out of the small holes.

Great ideal. We just learned this ourselves.

They will still find ways to tear it up..like everything they get close to...but it works real good for me being a bow hunter..It keeps them busy & creates a loud enough noise that I can hear from a distance to begin my stalk, and help conceal my noise..also I mix my corn with jello or kool aid which creates a sent to help keep their nose off me.

works very well

Great idea!!! Gunna have to give this one a try!!! Shane Ladewig >>----------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

hey hogdude did you every try the burlap rubbing post?

Quote Originally Posted by rusa7476
    hey hogdude did you every try the burlap rubbing post?
    It is funny you ask!!! I just found my piece of burlap yesterday, hanging on the fence over by the farm diesel tank. I could not figure out what the hell I did with it. I knew I would find it eventually. Need to wrap a few poles and see what happens!!! Shane Ladewig >>--------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

I had someone asking me how I made my hog pipes so I thought I would bring this post back to life. I will be happy to answer any questions here for everyone to see. I know Shane has made one also maybe he will chime in with his .02

I thinck im gunna try putting a compartment with gravel in the hog tube so the hogs still think there is corn in the pipe when its empty. And they will continue to role it around Great post man

Thats an idea. I am guessing after the corn quits hitting the ground they may get a clue..Not sure..let us know if it works...