Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hog Pipe

I made my own stake. 1/2 inch rebar with a couple big washers welded together and welded solid to one end of the rebar as a "head" on the stake. Then I slid my swivel...found in the chain isle at the hardware store onto the rebar up to the washer "head". I then welded another couple washers together with the smallest washer's hole diameter able to slide up the rebar. Welded it in place trapping the swivel between the head and it...this also gives the swivel something to ride on as the tube is being pushed in a circle...nail the stake in the ground so the bottom washer is flush with the ground. I then cut a triangular piece of steel and welded it about halfway down the rebar to kind help hold the stake in the ground...similar to a t-post. I put a chain quick connect on the swivel and to one end of the 10 inch length of chain I had laying around....then another quick connect to the opposite end of the chain, then a swivel, and another quick connect from the swivel to the eye bolt in the Cap of the tube. I built my tube just like Kevin told me to and it has been great and my chain setup has not gotten tangled or anything yet.

i use chain on my pipes, it works well-

I got 1/8 inch galv. cable for mine.