Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Circle trap

Circle trap

I thought I would post up the trap we are using on a few places. in this crude pic. the trap can be wired open along the dotted line to let the pigs come and go freely to get used to it. when you are ready to trap you untie the internal panel allowing it to contact the outside overlapping panel. the hogs will push their way in following that brown line and when they try and get back out they will push the internal panel tighter against the overlap and can not get out.

I like your trap, simple and easy

8 pigs in 1 trap thats effective man

do you ever have any problems with them rooting under the panels, causing you to have to move this setup?

I have not yet...Thinking about it..If I do..I will go to my 4th favorite store & grab some sack crete...Let me explain. I have about a 1/2 acre dog pen out side..It is not close to the house so I don't have a hot wire around it as I have done in the past. Instead I took sack crete & put it on the fence at the ground..when the dogs dig under the fence they only dig a little ways down then they push the fence. They cant do that with the sack crete. I don't think the hogs could either. Also make sure to check the trap daily. I have had them come over the top..I am still thinking about how to get past that. I might end up putting cattle panel over the top & wiring it together. Hope this helps Kevin

Ok, the sack crete is a good idea, I wouldn't have thought of that. Even with those high panles they have come over the top?

This is a picture of a friends trap..I use regular cattle panel on mine..They have come over the top of it...When he built this one I was wondering how the panel would hold up. It is still brand new with no real tests yet... Kevin

Ya know what I always think about? Those high fence operations that have hog hunting and also have lots of free ranging hogs around sould have several one way trap door so that pigs on the outside can come in but not leave.Thats what i would do and i would put a feeder just inside.

I have three of these traps set up. I have never had any problems with pigs getting out of them. The only problem is when you get a large number of pigs in there and you approach the trap when they all run to one side of the trap. They will climb each other and you loose one or two of them. Really good trap though. If the door gets stuck open you can put a spring on it or use wire to tie the top of the door shut. We have caught as many as 24 pigs in one trap.

Also you can use a round trampoline frame on the top to tighten things up..Just build it the size of the frame.