I know a boat load about elk, but hogs....are they like woman-unpredictable?

Seriously guys, I know very little about hunting hogs. Iam eager to learn though. First question, arehogs huntable in mid summer? Seems like a great thing to do with your time during the off season. Do they go major nocturnal during this period?

you can hunt them year round and yes they get more nocturnal in the hot summer months but more predictable also. they will always be close to water in the hottest times of the year, next question.......

Dougepooo, The hog in your avatar is a monster! What the story there? So, is there a better way to attract them if your land is void of a water source?

If you don't have water on your property you should provide the hogs with some poles soaked in creasote to rub on and a feeder throwing plenty of corn or a pig pipe. I also like having a trail camera placed in my hunting area so I can try to get a pattern on them.

First thing to learn they are smarter than people give them credit .My dad said"you will kill the biggest buck in the pasture, before you will kill the biggest boar in the pasture"

This is a great question, I am just like Huckleberry I don't know squat about Hogs but I have been doing a lot of reading and research here I have learned quite a bit from you fellas and continue to learn more all the time. My plan is to get down and do some hunting with txbhunter1 as soon as I get some time next month but thats if Momma lets me go LOL