Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do most people consider a Trophy hog?

Any hog could be a trophy in the eyes of the hunter.But what do most people want aBoar with Tusk or weight or color?What do most of you guys look for in a trophy?

a hog over 200 pounds or any hog with nice long tusks is what I would consider a trophy if it was killed in the wild and shows the characteristics of a wild or Farrel hog and not a barnyard pig.

For me a trophy hog is 250+ or one that sports tusks 2 inches or more. The property I hunt has lots of hogs in the 125-200# range but anything bigger than that is harder to come by

Any one that takes an arrow from my bow is a trophy no matter how big or small. It means I did it all right.

Whatever blows your skirt up

Are we in a bad mood tonight Randy? LOL

i would say anything with cutters 2" or longer and any weighing 300# range +

Quote Originally Posted by txbhunter1
    Are we in a bad mood tonight Randy? LOL
    Nah there are so many ways a hog can be a trophy that its all in the eyes of the beholder.

Any thing can be a trophy. I had a 45 year old man that had never killed a nimal in his life. He came nand shot a hog that weigh just under 100 lbs and was all beside his self. The next week end he brought his 25 year old son which didn't even want to hunt just fish our bass lake until he saw the traim cam photos and decided to go. In 30 mins he had shot about 130 lbs hog and they were both so excuited that they booked another week end right then. They are all trophies if you like them.

Any hog that I can kill and not miss. LOL