Best Method of Skinning a Hog

Ihave seen it done in many ways and was wondering what y'all feel is the best way? Some of the hogs Ihave shot have had alot of fat and some have had none. I have seen guys hang then to skin them and also leave them laying on the ground and do ea side of the hog and then hang them to finish. I have also seen guys strip them with a widow-maker carpet knife before and peel the hide in strips. What do y'all feel is the best way, providing that you are not going to have a mount done? Head up, head down or however?

we skins ours like you would a deer. Has anyone taken the hair off to be bar-b-qued?

Ive scraped several.. I also have a group of vietnamese folks that prefer to burn the hair off. It gives me flashbacks.

No doubt about the flashbacks. aggie do you boil it or what?

I have raised pigs for butcher and if I am going to cook one in the pit I leave the skin on but burn the hair off, meats pretty tender and moist. Other wise it's strips cut with a utility knife to skin it hung head down.

I like to hang the animal head down and then take my knife cut down the back legs then run a slit from the tail all the way down to the head runnin my blade along the back bone(if Im gonna do chops just under the skin)then I skin down each leg then just pull down each side one at a time all in one piecethen I do the other side then just cut the head off with the two flaps of skin still attached. If I'm gonna mount it I cape it for mounting like normal then I just skin out the rest like a deer. STP

The way we scrape them is to boil a big pot of water. Put the pig on a picnic table, put a beach towel over the hog the ladle the water over the towel then let it sit awhile. Then act like your drying the hog with the towel and the hair will slip right out. This method works best when you cannot fully submerge the hog. Ive got my own method for skinning a hog it seems to work pretty well.

The best way I have found to skin a hog is to pay one of my hands 10 bucks and let them get buisy. We use racks and hang them upside down to skin them.