Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hog lures

it says that they are without a doubt in the area and are not for some unknown reason afraid or otherwise avoiding the particular spot.If they show up quickly to eat corn but didn't even come over to investigate commercially prepared scents, well I think that says that those things don't work worth a crap, At least in your area. I seriously doubt they work anywhere but there is always a chance i suppose that they may react differently in another area or situation.

I am new to hog hunting, but I have studied scent alot. Placement is a huge factor. There are three things scent always does. Scent rolls down hill, is attracted to moisture, and attaches to vegetation. If you put scent near a down hill slope, a majority of it is going to end up at the bottom of the hill (not taking wind into the equation). If you put scent near a water source, the water source is going to attract the majority of the scent. When you are walking through vegetation, you are ALWAYS depositing scent molecules. These are the main reasons some hunters feel that attractants dont work or scent blockers dont work, it is all about placement and avoiding areas where you will deposit human scent.

I have tried Tinks, Code blue and INheat scents. I really can't say if they helped or not in any way. I know I have seen less hogs when using them then when not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonehuntin68
    I have tried Tinks, Code blue and INheat scents. I really can't say if they helped or not in any way. I know I have seen less hogs when using them then when not.
    10-4 on that!!!!! Shane Ladewig >>------------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

I have used call to with no sucess at all. I think they are all are a bunch of hog wash!

Site Owner
    What size hooks do ya'll use on your hog lures?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigem
    What size hooks do ya'll use on your hog lures?
    Mine's 100 grain, deploys from the rear, cuts a 2 inch gash, and leaves one hellacious blood trail. Shane Ladewig >>---------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member