Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very well written. I believe you could have titled that 7 Bad Habits of Hunting any Game Animal.

Give us more like that Neil.

It really helps us the ones that are new to hog hunting,so thanks alot and please keep them coming.

I still think this is a great article. Thought I would comment on it to bring it back to the Home Page!!! Good luck hunting to ya'll!!!!!

Thanks Shane, I would not have read it otherwise.

THe more informtation the better hunters we can become!!!

Great article...just started bow hunting about 2 seasons ago...I've heard that it's not good to hunt in the warmer months, because the meat is no good. (I like to eat what I kill!) Any comments on the quality of meat in warm months would be appreciated...

Site Owner
    Auggie, I would personally disagree with the notion that the meat isn't any good in warm weather. The quality of the meat is going to depend on 3 things...what the hog's diet consists of, how you care for the meat after the kill and, of course, how you cook it! If the hog has plenty to eat, he/she should have a fair amount of body fat. If, because of hot weather, the food sources are depleted then you might have a pretty lean carcass, which most people don't like. The biggest thing to watch in hot weather is that you get the animal cleaned and chilled as quickly as possible...meat spoils quickly at 100+ degrees! So, if you find a hog that's had a good food supply and you properly care for the meat, it should be excellent table fare! (unless it's a 400 lb cheesey bo' hog that you can smell from 100 yards upwind....and I don't recommend cooking it over a fire of pine knots, lit with diesel fuel either!) Welcome aboard!

Awesome Article and Great Job!!!

Great article, especially for a beginner. At 53, I am familiar with being in the wild but I haven't done any hunting so, I decided that I want to start hog hunting. I would appreciate any advice and direction that you have to offer.