Thread: cutters

cutters

i have a cutter of a hog that i broke the tip off when breaking it out and i have another one that has a good tip but the base broke off there both from the same hag and both about 2 1/2 in is there any way to make the 2 a 1 or can you use epoxy and add to the tooth to shape a new bottom or tip if so can yall give me the steps Thank ya much, Brandon

Iwould have to think that the grains in the teeth would be different, along with the size of the tooth itself. Ithink that a taxi should be able to make both teeth look ok if you took them there. What are you planning on doing with them?

well i dont know yet lol i was going to see how they turned out first i plan on doing the work myself but i cant seem to find anything on the internet about it but one of my buddys told me a taxi can do and do lots of stuff to teeth all the time (longer,sharper,whiter) when they do mounts so i was seeing what i could do with these two already out

You can order some dental acrilic (spelling) I knew a guy who used to buy it and make vampire teeth for halloween and even for money. You could make the biggest cutters you could ever want. Pretty easy aswell.

Have you thought about bondo. Or just orderring new teeth. McKenzie taxidermy supply

no lol i didnt think about bondo and what fdo you paint it with just white paint once you sand it and it dries

I would guess you could paint it white with model paint. Before doing so let me check with the taxi that I work for.

What are you trying to do? I have piles of cutters and some are 7 inches long so if ya just want a big cutter for a neckles or something I will mail a few to you. Just let me know.

joe ill be at your house soon enough fool i didnt know you had a stock pile ill just wait i want to make one like the one you have minus the grinding part of it lol

I know Joe has ya covered but what you can do is make your own repro's hobby lobby has everything you need from mother mold material to acrylic casting resin. In my taxidermy work I try to keep as much business as possible local . There are several different ways to do it. It takes a little practice but well worth it. Good luck and holler if ya need help.
    STP