Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

308 Bullets for hogs

On my last hunt I used some Prvi Partizan 150 grain soft points. They worked ok but if the big boar had been broadside rather that quartering away I'm not sure if they would have been enough. No blood trail was left either. Any suggestions on a weight or bullet. I was thinking of loading some 165 grain Grand Slams. Should I even bother or just go with what worked.

I shot a 300 lbs boar behind the shoulder with 150 grain .308 Win. soft points a few years ago.....he was DRT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering. A guy I work with has been adamant that I was under gunned. This had me doubting the setup I was using. I borrowed the guy that let me hunt on him's rifle. ( A sweet BLR) Next time I'm goign to take my own 308. I don't have a hog kill on it yet. Thanks again Hogdude! Anybody else have any advise?

sticker, Ihave killed many hogs with just a .22 Stinger and a head shot so being under gunned, I don't believe is an issue for you and your .308. Good luck man and get the skunk off of that 'ol gun.

308 with any gr bullet I think should do the job just fine.

i hunt with my cuz alot and he uses a 308. 150 grain. and he dropped every one in his track. some times up to 400 yards

I'm itching to get a hog kill on my 308. I can't wait to get back down there. I'd love to get one with my Mission bow also someday, but the rifle is going back for now as I haven't killed very hogs many yet.

My profile picture has 4 dead pigs in the back of my truck with the closest one being 217paces from the truck when we started shooting..... both FN PBR .308 shooting federal power point 150gr. Looks like it works for us. NEVER doubt the .308.

I've got an old college buddy that has that nothing is better than a .300 rem. ultra mag syndrome. He's one of those guys that never owned a gun or hunted until he was 25.

got some 150 gr. remington bronze points last year from midway, put some varget powder behind them, they are a bone crushing load.