Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: controlling

I sat out with a young kid on sunday evening for 3 hours. I think I lost about a gallon of sweat.

I reckon it's like everything else...with too much pressure, animals get leary and cautious. If the hogs disappear, rest assured thay will be back.

i dont think that hunting hogs with dogs messes up the other wildlife on a place i had a lease in trent and even during deer season we run dogs and still seen deer the next day hunting in the stand but i still think dogs is the way to go because the pigs will get smart to the traps my traps have been sitting in my yard for 5 years since i got dogs and have better luck with dogs

Randy, What better reason then to break out them suits? LOL

Iwork on a 14 and 14 schedule and hog hunt our place with dogs every time im home. The hogs will leave after we run the place with dogs for a few weeks which is just right for when im home again. Wehave put out traps with no luck. The ajoining place has put up hog wire to keep the hogs off of them.They have trapped most of the hogs off their place but there are still a few on there.They are trap smart now.

Enough of this jibber jabber!!!!! LMAO!!!! I am headed out on a hog controlling mission. My buddy has 6000 acres north of Caddo, Tx....I got three big hog traps loaded up, my .308, .22-.250, my bow, pop-up, a bunch of ammo, and a cooler full of icy cold libations!!!!! Oh, and my vid cam!!!! The hogs out there are running the place and something has to be done...we got 3 full days to see how many pigs we can kill!!!! I will let ya'll know how we did when I get back on Sunday night!!!!! Shane Ladewig >>-----------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

good luck!!!.......

hit'em low and stack'em high

been trying for 10 YEARS on 1200 ac. HIGH FENCE, and cannot "Control" these porkers !!!

I went out yesterday to fix a cable problem (thats what I do cable tv Pottsboro,Tx).One of my customers owns 60 acres,I asked if he any hogs.Big problem we got on his golf cart and bumped around his pasture.The place was covered up with roots.He said the only relief he got was the hog dog guys from OK.That didn't last they came back.I could stand at the entrance to his pasture and see 3 other places that have $300000 homes on 60 acres each.All with a hog problem.I have been thinking it over hunting this place will be a pain because the houses are too close.I think each of these neighbors needs to install a permantent trap.Catch the hogs they can, eat what they want and chunk the rest.In Grayson county there is so much investor owned land,government land and gentlemen ranchers that don't think like we do.The hog population has gone up here like crazy and will keep going up. Grayson county has bow hunting only for deer. I might be able to go and kill a few hogs but my passage in and out is right by his house all the neighbors are my cable customers and I don't want to hack them off shooting around there house's and at night. Its a problem that we have but its all over the country and going to get worse. Just thinking. Chuck