Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well I have another opinion, one that I was gonna keep to myself but now that I have been called an uneducated idiot for having it, I might as well phrase it. To begin with, let me say that I have nothing against hunting behind a fence. I might even do it myself someday. If you guys want to do it, knock yourselves out and have a good time. Know that I would go to war for your right to do just that. However, to say or imply that it isn't MUCH easier to take MUCH better animals in a short period of time through the use of high fences is simply nonsense. The logic above is sound if there are only one deer in the 200 acre pen, but what if there are 200? plus an unnaturally high number of hogs and some rams ect. Under those circumstances the natural browse is getting allot more pressure than normal and therefor the feeders become more of a necessity to the animals. Is there anyone here that believes the average amount of animals in the pens does not exceed what is natural? Add to that the fact that many of the animals in pens have been raised in captivity and aren't even afraid of humans. Randy has already talked about buying hogs over 500 pounds that were killed in just a couple of weeks or less. Does anyone here think you have a realistic chance at a 500 pound hog in the wild out side of a pen? And why were they taken so quickly? Because they were not wild to begin with? Does anyone doubt that I can take a 200 class buck in a weeks time if I'm willing to pay enough and hunt inside a pen? Can you do that in a fair chase scenario? Suppose two guys make a bet to see who can kill the biggest or most deer or hogs and one is hunting fair chase while the other can hunt inside a fence, who you like to win that bet? Everytime I go hunting I don't even know if there is a deer or hog within a square mile of me. The 200 acre pen used in the above example is less than 1/3 of a square mile and not only is every animal in it that close but they can't go away. Not even if the woods catch on fire, they can not get very far from me. Most of the fenced operations will all but and many outright guarantee you a shot at the species of your choice and usually only need one day to do it if your a gun hunter.Does anyone actually believe that you are enjoying the same rate of success as say Randy's clients over at the Langly ranch? If those fences aren't necessary why have them? That ranch doesn't have exotics and the cows can be kept in with barbed wire like everyone else does. Some ranches even go so far as to say tell us what animal you want to hunt and we will get you one.They will bring in an animal especially for you to shoot! Would they do that if they couldn't put you in front of it to take it? I for one wouldn't feel much of a sense of accomplishment after having taken a deer or trophy hog under those circumstances.

Dude check your drawers, I didnt call you an uneducated idiot, I posted that from another site. Good grief. Hunt however you want to and whatever blows your skirt up. I also know of several animals I have released that have had less than 2 sighings a year and have been released for over 5 years. Some of the toughest hunts youll find are highly pressured day hunting ranches.

Anyone want to join me on a Dos Plumas hunt in September? I hear they offer a great hunting experience!!! Shane Ladewig >>-------------------------> TexasHogHunter Pro Staff Member

Ok guys I have a dumb thing to say here but gotta say it. Fence or no fence isn't it all in the person shooting? You can still miss an animal right in front of u whether its behind a fence or not. Just my thought on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdude1234
    It seems to me that hunting over bait would be about the same with or without the fence. >>-------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member
    That's my feelings about this topic in a nutshell. I use to dispise the idea of hunting anything in a game fence. Then I went and hunted a 100 acre high fence place in the hill country. It doesn't matter if you are on 10 acres or 100,000 acres if you are bow hunting especially. You still have to play the wind, make a draw and make a good shot. The only real difference is that the game is "more sure" to come to you. I tend to lean more towards the idea that any native species should not be fenced, such as whitetail and javvy's but as far as hogs and exotics go its all good.

hey dont knock it until you try it.... good for it hogdude hunt high fence to your bows content....

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdude1234
    Anyone want to join me on a Dos Plumas hunt in September? I hear they offer a great hunting experience!!! Shane Ladewig >>-------------------------> TexasHogHunter Pro Staff Member
    $$$?

Cuz, You can click on the banner on the hm pg and it will take you to the hm pg for Dos Plumas Hunting Ranch.. The ranch is nice, lodging is great and there is no shortage of animals. And we WILLNOTFORGETLori's cooking. You will leave there with a few extra pounds than what you came with. LOL It's a working man's ranch meaning us working guys can still go and have a good hunt without breaking the bank to do so. Give them a look and you be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by rusa7476
    hey dont knock it until you try it.... good for it hogdude hunt high fence to your bows content....
    Exactly my feelings!