Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    herefishy

What is the intent of this topic?

When I first saw the topic "Public Enemy #1", I assumed the subject matter to be the impact of the feral hog on Texas industry and ecology. But instead I see a rant on the TAHC. I don't think this is a good format for the material that is included in the topic - regardless of my impressions of the material, itself. JMTCW Mark

herefishy
    Maybe the thread could be renamed "POLITICS AND REGULATION". Then, it would be an objective heading to the rants, without the webmaster being implicated in any of the included material. Mark

having managed and guided on several hog hunting operations, i can tell you that they have done way more good then harm! for starters on one such operation over 2000 hogs a year were harversted on several others not quite as many, it offered hunters an oppurtunity for hunters and helped the state. there are no commercial hog farms any where near my area and to be honest the spread of disease havent heard of one documented case in my area for over 20 yearsa. another fact the wild hogs come to cattle land where cattle graze eat the cows crap and have even seen them around cattle still no documented casrs to report Now think about this by regulating all of this who is it really hurting?? ill tell ya the state!! why trappers are closing traps hog stationas are drying up and ya know what?? the pigs are still breeding i doubt a government official could even remotely put the smackdown on hogs like some of us do if that qwas the case we wouldnt have a hog problem This is something that has been argued by many of my friends some very intelligent men who have done it all in the hog business. problem is none of us have the answers why because you cant figure a hog out they are the most adaptive animal in the world they can adapt and outsmart most humans when ya think ya have them figured out they do something different so a government agency is going to regulate the unregulateble haha good luck m cause if the disease is going to spread there is nothing we can do about it anyways for example there is a hog farm chances are there is real swine aroundn when the domestic swine comes in heat boom the feral boar comes to the domestic pens it poops pees a bird sccops down gets in the poop carries it back to the domestic pen spreads those diseases to domestics see my point??? Also name some documanted cases i haventn heard of any

herefishy
    If the demand is there - for the relocation of hogs... the price will correct itself. I think that right now, the operator is reeling from the initial shock of the additional cost. But I am certain that the demand is there, and the price correction will occur. I just suggest that every operator look at his (additional) costs and adjust his price accordingly. The State is dealing with the protection of the private property of it's citizen's (livestock) and the [possible] adverse impact of the State's natural resources upon it's citizens private property. Do you want an epidemic and the destruction of the livestock and game sport industry before regulating the relocation of wild feral swine? I can just go fishing and go broke..... I don't need to work hard at it! Mark

Mark rea;iostcly think about it hogs are in pretty much every county correct?? if there was going to be an epidemic wouldnt it already be happening like i said i have not heard of one documentd case in the last 5 yrs where domestic livestock were sick cause of the diseases from feral swine

herefishy

herefishy
    yes, as you stated... within five years. The report is 2001. I guess screw the TAHC, because the hog-killers transporting all the swine across property lines and county lines are responsible for the decrease the brucellosis infection rate. ...K.... You got me. Mark

howie1968 wrote... Mark rea;iostcly think about it hogs are in pretty much every county correct?? if there was going to be an epidemic wouldnt it already be happening like i said i have not heard of one documentd case in the last 5 yrs where domestic livestock were sick cause of the diseases from feral swine Stop it Howie....You can't argue with ignorance. You can only hope to battle it with education and some just don't want to learn

herefishy wrote... yes, as you stated... within five years. The report is 2001. I guess screw the TAHC, because the hog-killers transporting all the swine across property lines and county lines are responsible for the decrease the brucellosis infection rate. ...K.... You got me. Mark Do you have anything that might be somewhat beneficial to add to this sight? This is supposed to be for folks who have a passion for the wild hog. You say you love them too but all Isee is you bashing those of us who have the real passion for this sport. Why don't you go away?

can we all just get along and pop a few pigs (and beers afterwards)?