Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: baits

baits

i get to sample lots of products and be a part of testing different products, the hottest baits and attractandts i have found are from 2 compaines the first is the in heat scents line of productsm they produce sow in heat, grim reaper various rubs that you apply with a brush to a tree and black gold i have used all of these priducts to take numerous hogs. there is also another tactic i use, on any make boar i shoot i cut the sac around his lower anatomy when you skin him it is where the semen and urine mixes cause a nasty foul odor when a dominate boar hog uses an area he will mark it with this fould odor. causing others to come into an area i freeze this stuff and when im hunting a domnate boar ill run a drag line of sow in heat and hang this sac upwind yeah it stinks but watch the big boys come in

I use several different baits. Corn and strawberry jello is most common. But to keep the 'coons and deer away, I use deisel fuel and corn. I sour corn in a 5 gallon bucket for bout a week and a half, then I add a beer. Dig a 3 foot deep hole and fill it up. cover the hole and pour a little of the soured corn on top. 60-70 yards from your blind (35 if bowhunting) and watch the results. Other sites SWEAR by a product called "BLACKGOLD" I say NAH! I know the ingredients in Black Gold. Save your money. Hogs may eat anything, but getting them in to eat is the trick.

I put out a feeder with some corn in it hoping to get the deer into my hunting area. Little did I know that the pigs would take over and run the deer out. Oh well, instead of complaining I just hunted deer in another area of my lease and let the pigs have all the corn they wanted. I killed severalpigs out from under the feederand all I ever used was corn and some strawberry jello. Once they find the feederit's on. Ihave lost two boars that I shot withmy bow, but my .243 seems to do the trick.I guess I needto work on shot placementwith my arrows. Bill

BWebb65 wrote... I put out a feeder with some corn in it hoping to get the deer into my hunting area. Little did I know that the pigs would take over and run the deer out. Oh well, instead of complaining I just hunted deer in another area of my lease and let the pigs have all the corn they wanted. I killed severalpigs out from under the feederand all I ever used was corn and some strawberry jello. Once they find the feederit's on. Ihave lost two boars that I shot withmy bow, but my .243 seems to do the trick.I guess I needto work on shot placementwith my arrows. Bill First the deer, now what are these "arrows" you speak of?..... (Just kidding...If I could pull a bow without several doses of pain killer, I'd still shoo the sticks too. Guess I'm jealous...

I like to use Boons Farm when sourring my corn. Then dig a whole about two and a half feet deep. Cover it with about six inches of dirt. I will do this three or four times in one area, it tends to attracked more pigs. Once I have four or five pigs in sight, I am ready to pick one out. I also like to use hog wild and place it over a down tree limb.

I'm using sour corn, a little diesel, and good old "sweet feed". Pour some beer in the whole mix and let it set a week or so...maybe some sour milk added in. Might make some sick to smell it, but works great on the pigs.

i use sour corn or corn mixed with hog wild and sometimes mix the two. they both seem to work for me if the hogs are n the area and coming through. otherwise the coons clean it up.

I have a rubbing post set up close to my feeder. I like to pour a pile of sour corn at the base of the rubbing post then pour Black Gold down the rubbing post then on the pile of soured corn like salad dressing. The first time I did that I had over 600 pics in 4 days. I had a number of pics where there were as many hogs as the little rubbing post than at the feeder. Good stuff!

I just go sit in the woods and hogs show up. They can't resist me!!! Actually, Ihunt feeders, trails to feeders or water depending on the season and temp. Ihave seen same day results with black gold and grim reaper.

nate wrote... I just go sit in the woods and hogs show up. They can't resist me!!! "Looka-Here!"That's cuz you don't shower, brotha!!!!!!