Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Day vs. Night Kill Ratio...

For those who hunt day and night, what has been your ratio of 'day-kill' hogs vs. 'night-kill' hogs? I think mine to date isabout 30% day , 70% night...

I'd say that my day hunting 70% and night hunting 30%. But I do alot more hunting in theday than I do at night,I huntmostly in the evening.

100% day lite have, hog lites setup and running .but dont see many hogs at nite killed a bunch of coons got two hogs this yearunder the feeders and three crossing the river.good eating

i have killed alot of hogs both ways, these days i am soley hunting for trophy dominate boar, when hunting the big boys almost always iot is a night time adventure as they becaome very nocturnal. ive killed some big hogs during daylight hours but alot of times i see sows and smaller boars during the days, a big trophy boar is more than likely going to be all alone, as he sprays his scent and has territory. there are 3 things dominate boars do that is fight feed and breed they are constantly looking for receptive sows to breed,, they even defnd there territory agains no receptive sows and god fobid any other boar that comes into his territory

Ive killed all of my hogs during late evening or early morning except when we hunted the peanut fields down by Pearsall, Texas. We hunted them at night out of trucks with high rack seats. We would enter the fields blacked out and the farmer knew where the holes in the deer proof fences were that the hogs used to get access to the fields. When we would get close to a hole in the fence the farmer would light up the field with spotlights and the hogs would make a mad dash for the holes. We would go to work with shotguns and buckshot or slugs. It was fun especially when one hog I shot turned and charged the truck!

99% of my hog kills have been during the day. I've SEENmore at night. Either from a distance, or just not shootable with a bow, but all but one of my hog kills has been either in the early morning hours, or later in te evening an hour or so before dark

Right now 100% of my hogs are taken at night. In another month or so I should start seeing hogs during the evening before dark.

All of my hunting is during the day. I scout at night.

in the last 12 months, 33% day, 67% night.

I have killed all of my pigs during the day or right at dusk just before or getting dark. I have not hunted at night with a spotlight as Itake my pigs as targets of opportunity while deer hunting. That is about to change now that deer season is closed. Bill