Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BWebb65 wrote... I have killed all of my pigs during the day or right at dusk just before or getting dark. I have not hunted at night with a spotlight as Itake my pigs as targets of opportunity while deer hunting. That is about to change now that deer season is closed. Bill Wh yes,....yes it is....Good luck!!!!! (...and what is "deer season"?...)

HogMan wrote... All of my hunting is during the day. I scout at night. That is an AWESOMEavatar!!!!!

probably 50/50 for me. All of my hogs have turned nocturnal right now...nothing before 8 p.m. - nothing after 5 a.m.

Everything for me lately is daytime only. Colder weather I just listen for them fighting for a warm spot...if it is hot, they are laying up in the brush. Been easy the last month. I have 6 hogs so far this month/year.

i hunt hogs almost entirely with dogs and it seems that our dogs hit more hogs from about 6 p.m. to about 11 p.m. and from 4 a.m. to 9 a.m. of course it changes with the seasons but thats about peak for us.

All my nite kills were with a bow 4 total, the rest of my kills with a gun except 1 were daytime and numbers around 25.

Checked my game cam again. Still coming in at night.

My ratio is going to be a quiet different than others. First off I hunt EVERYfree chanceI get. I also work filming hunts as much as I can as well. For the last 3 months EVERY hog that I killed, or filmedbeing killed has been after dark. Now that is in part to me using the Marauder from Hawglite. http://www.Hawglite.com Now a few of those hogs came out just before the sun dropped, and we waited for them until after dark during testing of the Marauder. One thing I have found out is that the hogs seem to be less skiddish at night than hey are during the daytime, and with the Marauder I prefer to actually hunt at night now instead of the daylight.

videographer is also one heck of a video man!

Ihave not done much night hunting. Ihave only been tried it about 4 times while testing various bow lights, but Ikilled a hog every time so Iguess my ratio is 100%.