Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First bow hog of the season! (W/ STORY AND PICS)

Well, I went out this morning with high hopes of getting my first deer of the year with my bow. I got there about 5:45 AM and sat till 9AM. Didn't see a dang thing. I got down and hiked back to my truck. As I was taking off my thermals and unpacking my back pack I heard the deep roar of an ol boar hog grunting. He sounded like he was about 75 yards from me. So I got my over camo back on, picked up my bow and headed to the commotion. I made my way to the edge of the thicket where I could hear some hogs in the small field ahead of me rooting around and doing what they do. Squealing, rooting, feeding and grunting. It sounded as if they were coming my way but I couldn't see them. So I stood my ground about 5 yards into the trees along the edge of the field. Sure enough, about ten minutes later, I see the first hog show up in my view. It must be the big boar I heard in the first place. And wouldn't you know he turns right into the trail I'm standing on. As he feeds behind a tree I draw my Bear bow.By this time the rest of the herd is filing in right behind him. When the big lead boar gets about 4 yards from me I decided now was the time. I set my top pin low on the best eating size sow I could see and let er rip. It was a double lung complete pass through at 8 yards. Hogs scattered everywhere and I heard my hog hit the brush and let out the death moan a bit later. She didn't bleed much at all the first 20 yards then when she hit the thick stuff I found serious blood on every tree she came with a foot of for about 15 yards. Then I found her with bright red lung blood all over both sides. Didn't get the double drop tine 200" buck I was after but all in all it was GOOD TIMES.

nice bow kill! congrats!!!

NIce hog cuz. Was that out there at your place?

nice hog...congrats!

Nice hog Cuz!!!! Sounds like that was an exciting time!!!! _________________________________ Shane Ladewig >>-----------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by txbhunter1
    NIce hog cuz. Was that out there at your place?
    Yes Sir! On the new land. About a half mile west of 4Pines.

nice! What broadhead you using..........danggggggg!!!

very nice..Congrats!

cool deal, gota like those great blood trails