Tatics of bringing in the hogs!

Hey guys, hows it going. Pretty darn good here. Ijust wanted to share with you a little set up I got going where I hunt. I got a 6 inch peice of pvc about 7ft long. I then drilled some wholes in it at random. I capped one end and then put a threaded sewage cap on the other. I drilled a hole through the sewage cap and attached an eye hook. I double nutted the eye and put some washers on it so it could not pull through. I then grabbed a peice of chain that could with stand a little love from the piggies! Then I drove a 3/4in rebar about 3-4ft long a in the ground.(ground is soft where I am) Attach the chain to the rebar. When i had this all done it had cost me about 25 bucks. Dont forget about your corn! I thought long and hard where to put this. I found a heavy trail where i knew the hogs were running. They didnt cross the road here but it lead to where they do. I put it right on th edge of the trail. With in days the ground where i put his was clearsed out. Darn did I just invent a new way to clear land LOL! Inow can hear those pigs rolling that pipe around from a long ways away. So i guess if i hear it other oinkers do to. It is one of the hottest places on our infested lease. The coons have a hard time with it when it is full so they dont mess with it much. I just sit out with my dad tucked up against the fence and we let them have it. I bet you could fill it with flour and have smaller holes it would last a long time. Im new to this board and just thought i would share this with ya. You guys have given me some great ideas. So enjoy and good luck!! Also Im offshore right now. I will load the before and after pics when i get home. Along with some stealth cam pics.

Do you find that the hogs empty the hog pipe out in one feeding session or do they leave some corn in the pipe and come back the next day for more. We use the same set up on two of our ranches and they hit the hog pipe alright, but never when we are in the blind waiting to shoot them!!!

Probably depends on how many hogs, how hungry they are, and how comfortable they are...

I recently told my dad about using flour as a bait to attract hogs and he quickly bought a big bag and scattered some near his feeders, hog pipe and hog traps. The very next morning he was walking back to camp, checked the hog traps and there were two nice size pigs sitting in the trap. Could it have been the flour for bait or maybe the cold wet weather that brought them in, I would like to think that the great info I learned on this website helped bring in those hogs!!!