Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Those look like they would work well. No wiring to mess with or batterys to charge. No real big expense either. Here is what we have at one feeder.

Well looks like I cant find them. WIll take some more. It is a 6 ft green flourecent light inside clear pvc with half another white piece of pvc cut inhalf and used as a lamp shade to point all the light down below and away from you. Then the ballast and wiring are sealed in a portion of reg white pvc that is joined at the end of the clear. So basicly one long piece of pvc, part clear, part white. Clear part bulb, white part guts. With another piece of white pvc cut in half and covering the top of the light.Hope this makes since. Wish I could find the pics

I would like to have the pdf with the wiring diagram please so I can build a hog light also, thanks!!!

You can spend 20-30 bucks on a couple landscaping lights from Walmart or Home Depot...the ones with the solar battery charger and photocell...secure them to a couple t-post (duct tape) about 20 feet from the feeder...they work great...make sure to put them between your stand and feeder though, so you are not looking into the light, just what the light is shining on. Killed a few hogs with that type of set up, and the hogs get used to the lights in a hurry as long as they are getting fed!!!! _________________________________________ Shane Ladewig >----------------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

I have been buying 60 led tent lights from China off ebay for about $12.00 with shipping they light up my feeder pretty well,I figure that I will put one inside some kind of plastic pan and run a 6 volt battery to 3 of them they will light up a large area.They say 3 aa batterys will run it 8 hours a lantern battery will run it for a long time.Going to try it this week if the hogs start coming to my new feeder near Ravenna,Tx. Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by stuntriderant
    Pack of three malibu solar lights. 5 ft piece of medium sized pvc and a screw on cap. Mount the lights one on buttom one in the middle oppisite side and one up top opposite side of the middle. Face them all the same way of course. Run all the wiring through the pipe to the top and plug them into your solar panel. Mount your solar panel to the screw on cap. Knock a fence post into the ground and slide the pipe over the post. Face it towards your feeder and you have bright light!!! I made 1 of these last year, maybe its my vision but I had a hard time seeing the hogs through my scope. Maybe if I had lighted crosshairs it would work better for me.

Here's my setup. Took all of 15 minutes to make. It sets right on top of my feeder and is held down by 3 bungee cords. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by marshall
    Here's my setup. Took all of 15 minutes to make. It sets right on top of my feeder and is held down by 3 bungee cords. Works great!
    That is pretty cool!! What type of battery do the lights run on?

What kind of lights did you use Marshall and where and how much did it cost?

SirVival wrote... Opps, they are now even less expensive.....only $17.00 for two! Here is the link... http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95745 Thanks for the info - went and got me one last night at the local Harbor Frieght. Still need to set it up and charge it, place a filter over the light so it is not bright white but rather bright red or green, and then test it out. Hope are good though!