Site Owner

Successful 2009 Madison Co. Youth Hunt !

Well, the 2009 Madison County Youth Hunt is in the books and we had a great time! The weather didn't exactly cooperate but that didn't stop 17 young hunters from harvesting 9 deer and one wild hog. The kids braved the rain and cold but they never complained. The group consisted of 7th and 8th graders.....11 young men and and 6 young ladies. Four local-area landowners let the young hunters assist in their management programs, by providing a place for the kids to hunt. These properties are in the Level 2 and Level 3 MLD program. When the deer are harvested, field-dressed weights are recorded and a jawbone is removed for aging purposes. The kids actively participate in the data collection, especially once they understand the reason for it. After the deer are weighed, they are taken to a local locker plant for discounted processing. The remainder of the processing bill is paid using donated funds and the meat is split equally between the entire group of hunters. This program was started 10 years ago and it has been a huge success, thanks to a great group of sponsors and volunteer guides. I would like to thank each one of you, from the bottom of my heart.....I could not do this without you! You have made a positive impact on over 150 kids and for that, I am truly grateful ! The Guides of 2009 ................ Thank You. I hope to see each one of you back on December 10, 2010 for the 11th Annual Madison County Youth Hunt! Adam would be proud!

Congrat's Clark on a job well done. If there is in any way next yr, Ican help out, don't be afraid to hollar. Iwould be honored to help you guys out. Ihave plenty of sharp knives for gutting purposes and a semi-strong back for the dragging. LOL

Site Owner
    Thanks Gary.....This was our 10th year ! It's grown every year and I don't have any plans to stop now. I've got a great set of sponsors and volunteers.....this thing practically runs itself now! I appreciate the offer.....I may take you up on it. We always hold it on the second full weekend of December every year.....so everybody mark your calendar !

Got it marked. Just hollar and I'll be there with bells on and knives sharp. LOL Also have 4 wheelers and 4-wheel drives if things get a bit sloppy.