Site Owner

Canadians 8........ Hogs 0

Devin and his father flew from the Great White North (Ontario to be exact) hoping to escape the cold and have some fun doing it. I don't know about the cold part, but they definitely had fun. After a morning of downpours and a fresh norther (straight from their part of the world), we got started shortly after dark. The first couple of hours were pretty nasty because of the light misty rain and a 20+ mph north wind, but we still managed to find some pork. The first rooter to be rehabilitated was a lone boar....minding his own business, munching on a few pecans. Devin and his father put an end to that! The mercury continued to drop but at least the wind began to lay and the rain stopped. It wasn't too long before I spotted another lone rooter about 800 yards away. We figured it was another boar but it actually turned out to be a lone sow....once again, feeding on pecans. After an easy stalk to within 40 yards, Devin and Dad brought her night to end. Now that they had a couple of stalks under their belts, we were off in search of more hogs. And like before, way off in the distance, was a group of 14....rooting around under some more pecan trees! A truck, driving in the neighboring pasture, spooked the hogs a little and we quickly got them set up on the shooting sticks, at about 80 yards. After a quick countdown, they opened up on the group and took 6 down. Nice Shooting guys! Here's another look from a different angle.....those aren't little shoats! The guys wound up with 8 hogs for the night and that brought our total for the month of January 2010 to 81....in 9 hunts....a 9 per night average! Not too shabby! We enjoyed the hunt ,along with the stories from our new "North-of-the-Border" friends. Come back soon guys.

you guys have a sweet set up, nice hogs

Nice stack off hogs, way to go. Got to hunt with yall sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, that's plenty exciting. Exciting enought, in fact, to lure folks Canada. I am sure they went on a hunt they will never forget! Keep up the good work, guys. lc

Clark, you sure know how to get after them HAWGS!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

Site Owner
    Me and Jed have a bet going....Whoever kills the last one wins!