Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Owner

Let me know what changes you would like to see here on THH .......

Howdy All, As you have probably heard, ownership of TexasHogHunter.com has changed. Neill didn't feel that he had the time to dedicate to the site that it deserved so I purchased it from him. I would like to see this site live up to it's potential and that's where I need your help. Please think about it and if you have any suggestions that would make the site better, please post them here. There are some things here that are confusing to some and maybe a little explanation is in order. First, the software package that THH is based on is very similar to MySpace or Facebook. When you think about a global social-networking site, some of the features here begin to make sense.....groups, friends, points etc. When this site first started, there was a points sytems in place. You got points fordifferent things....starting a Group,joining a Group, becomingFriends with another user, posting a comment on another user;s profile, etc.,etc.. As soon as a new member signed up, they were hit with a flood in invitations,....all because of the points that would be earned. Alot of folks didn't like that and Neill disabled some of it. Some of it still exists. The world is made up of a lot of different interest groups. If the target audience for this forum was that diverse, then having features like Friends and Groups would make sense......but I don't think we're all that different. We all belong to one group....hoghunters. Do we really need to split up into other "Groups"? Does that make the site better or more confusing? Rather than having several different Groups, would more Categories (sub-forums) be a better option? The same thing goes for Friends. Neill disabled that feature and unless a lot of you want it to return, I think I'll leave it out. After all, aren't we all supposed to be friends? Those are just a few examples of things thatI want your input on. A few users have already made some suggestions: - Picture posting needs to be easier. - the Forums need to be cleaned up. There are some Categories that may need to be deleted or combined with others...too many Categories is confusing. - Some users are still having login problems. I'm hoping that the server change solved that one. If not, let me know. - Some users feel that a color change is in order. Because of the graphics involved, that one may take a while. - A membership drive is being planned. Others have suggested that listing about THH on sites like Craigslist might bring in more users. More users means more content ! Those are just a few ideas that I've heard so far. Let me know what you think....after all, this site is for YOU ! Comment on those....post some ideas of your own....I want your input! Let's make this site all that it can be! Thanks, Clark (aka Gigem)

I say get rid of groups. Restrict listings. I dont care one way or the other on points, I think they are like a bragging right of some sorts. I am still having login problems. I cant get in on firefox unless I dump my cookies once a week which is a pain because I like my cookies getting around other pages quicker. I get in on Chrome, but my cookies are screwed up on it also. The browser remembers my password, but it wont keep me logged in & I am not dumping the cookies in that browser every week.

I agree with Busted...I have been looking hard at the groups and it seems they are not being used much at all. There are very few with pics and or discussions started on them. Some are good, others are just there. Points could go either way...not sure the benefit of having points. When I first joined the site I kinda just associated it with guys that have been real active on the site and kinda thought of it as a seniority type of deal. I have not had any issues logging in in a long time...knock on wood...LOL The blogs are kinda cool, but not sure how much they are used. I do not use them too much really...It seems that most people know that the forum is the most popular place on the site and they just post thier pics and vids and stuff right there. I NEED TO KILL A HOG!!!!!

I would like to be able to use the points I have earned on items such as shirts, hats, etc and possibly even earning hog hunts!!!

I'm sure everyone would like to get free stuff for their points but unfortunatly someone has to pay for that stuff. What we might could do is give away a hunt each year with one or more of the prostaff members for one lucky hunter who brings in the most members or makes the most posts or whatever.............

groups seem to be inactive, appreciate the site for the information from the members

I like the idea of getting together to hunt.Everbody on here likes to hunt hogs so we all have something in common.The vids and pictures are great.I don't care about the groups.Love Texas hog hunters.com. Chuck

Would it be possible to make a Texashoghunter app for the i-phone?

Site Owner
    THH works fine on my Droid.....get rid of that iphone....LOL ....

Groups is pointless and maybe we could do something more interactive with the members like hunts and promote the site outside of the computer world.