Hybrid View

Site Owner

Let me know what changes you would like to see here on THH .......

Howdy All, As you have probably heard, ownership of TexasHogHunter.com has changed. Neill didn't feel that he had the time to dedicate to the site that it deserved so I purchased it from him. I would like to see this site live up to it's potential and that's where I need your help. Please think about it and if you have any suggestions that would make the site better, please post them here. There are some things here that are confusing to some and maybe a little explanation is in order. First, the software package that THH is based on is very similar to MySpace or Facebook. When you think about a global social-networking site, some of the features here begin to make sense.....groups, friends, points etc. When this site first started, there was a points sytems in place. You got points fordifferent things....starting a Group,joining a Group, becomingFriends with another user, posting a comment on another user;s profile, etc.,etc.. As soon as a new member signed up, they were hit with a flood in invitations,....all because of the points that would be earned. Alot of folks didn't like that and Neill disabled some of it. Some of it still exists. The world is made up of a lot of different interest groups. If the target audience for this forum was that diverse, then having features like Friends and Groups would make sense......but I don't think we're all that different. We all belong to one group....hoghunters. Do we really need to split up into other "Groups"? Does that make the site better or more confusing? Rather than having several different Groups, would more Categories (sub-forums) be a better option? The same thing goes for Friends. Neill disabled that feature and unless a lot of you want it to return, I think I'll leave it out. After all, aren't we all supposed to be friends? Those are just a few examples of things thatI want your input on. A few users have already made some suggestions: - Picture posting needs to be easier. - the Forums need to be cleaned up. There are some Categories that may need to be deleted or combined with others...too many Categories is confusing. - Some users are still having login problems. I'm hoping that the server change solved that one. If not, let me know. - Some users feel that a color change is in order. Because of the graphics involved, that one may take a while. - A membership drive is being planned. Others have suggested that listing about THH on sites like Craigslist might bring in more users. More users means more content ! Those are just a few ideas that I've heard so far. Let me know what you think....after all, this site is for YOU ! Comment on those....post some ideas of your own....I want your input! Let's make this site all that it can be! Thanks, Clark (aka Gigem)

Maybe get the truck stickers and shirts or hats need more people posting. I found this site awhile back and tthought it cancelled right after I found it but I recieved a happy birthday a couple days ago and went to site .ill be checking in more now to see how its going ive got my password reset today

This is a great site for hog hunting info. I joined many years ago when we first started to hunt hogs on our place. Have gotten some great equipment & advice from C. Osborne. The site had some issues but it looks like he has it up & running full speed again now. I am glad; I have missed it. There are some other hog hunting websites in Texas, but nothing as good as this one when he has it rolling. This is by far my favorite because people offer advice on hunting hogs, not judging you by the weapon you choose to use!

What about a classified thread?