TexasHogHunter.com HOG HUNTING CONTEST

What do yall think about starting or putting together a texas hog hunter contest. Its just a though right now and it could possiably bring some promo to our site. We could figure the prizes out and rules if yall think it would be worth our while. So would yall enter and what rules do yall think should be in place?

I think that is a great idea. Would the winner be the guy with the biggest/heaviest hog, maybe have a biggest cutters category as well??? I read up on the other hog hunting contest out there a bit and the shot on the hog has to be on film...and the weighing of the hog has to be on film as well I think. If there is another way to keep us honest, that would be great that way you do not have to have a vid cam to enter the contest.

Site Owner
    Sounds like fun! I think the other contest lasts for a month. It's archery only, $100/team entry fee and the kill has to be on video...from the hog standing to the kill shot....and the video must clearly show the arrow impact. The weighing has also got to be on video. Winners must bring their scales to the closing ceremony and may have to submit to a polygraph test. High fences, trapped and pen-raised hogs aren't allowed. Dogs can only be used for blood-trailing and recovery. Our rules wouldn't have to be the same but they put some thought into theirs....what do ya'll think? Different divisions for archery and firearms? How do you judge it? Weight, number of hogs harvested during the contest, cutter length....the floor is open! If this is something that everyone wants to do, I think that we need to take our time and not rush into it.....it's going to take some time to advertise it and get the word out, so that there is enough interest to make it worthwhile.

I like the idea of a contest, but i think we need to use the WTT(Weight and Tusk Trophy) scoring system. The idea of teams is good, but each member of the team should be able to enter in one hog a piece. Then combine each team members' score to make the total score for the team. I think the hunt and scoring need to be video taped. The scale and the tape needs to be brought to the closing ceremony. Overall sounds like a great idea!

OK So i got the weight and tusk rule and like the idea of being honest with the video thing. What about entry fees and prizes.