Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: baits

ask this little girl if black gold works!!! she is my daughter with over 30 bowkills on hogs now at least half were shot over blackgold holes we created, it works for her i could go on all day it does work tried and true

Howie! That's a great boar brotha! It's good to see you are 100% back to your old ways. I know it was a tough road back. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Kevin

I use corn and diesel (if it still legal ) if it's not then I just use corn

Seems like there are 2 different opinions going on here, baits for trophy boars and baits for meat hogs.

I have good luck using sour corn... I add a couple 2 or 3 envelopes of yeast to 50 pounds of corn. Let it go to sour mash for a week in hot weather or 2 weeks in colder weather. I use the water to sling on the trap, the surronding foilage and such. Didn't see an increase in numbers by adding beer and won't use diesel in such a fashion. I will put coon traps out and thin them down if needed. Hammer the coons for a week or 2 and they will not be very bad for a whaile. Brent

Iam new to hog hunting and I was wondering what does the diesel do for the bait? Is it the smell or what?

I believe the smell of diesel is what attracts them. The other good part of using diesel is that the coons and deer are not as attracted to it. Not to say they won't eat it because I have plenty of pictures that shows they will.

Has anyone tried the Tinks "Sow in Heat" yet? Itried it once on my wife's hunt and could not tell if it worked or not. Had a bunch of hogs come to the feeder, but never really noticed if they went to smell the spot Iput it. To concentrated on killing a big one.

We use the sour corn here in the mtns. for bear it works really good. 55 gal. drum 50# corn, yeast and 5-10#sugar. the coons will also SWARM. didnt know the hogs liked it too. hhhmmm. still got about a 1\\2 a barrel left. I read to be careful feeding this to wildlife, it's supposed to cause some kinda (big word) blisters in animals mouths and stomachs.. I've been just using corn and plain old grape kool-aid. the hogs came running.

Ihad made a mix several yrs ago that was 2 bags of corn, a 6pack of beer,1 gal milk, a packet of yeast, a small bag of oats and water. After several months of furmenting, it had my gag reflexes working just fine. The hogs went wild, they even dug holes to get after the juice the drained into the soil. After 2 yrs of it in a 55 gal drum, you could not even get close to the barrel without gagging. If it got onto your hands, it had to wear off. Bad stuff, but good with the hogs. Still no reply on the Tinks Sow in Heat yet?