Site Owner

Hog Hunting Through a Thermal Scope

A lot of folks ask us what a hog looks like, through a thermal weapon sight.......Well here ya' go ! Here's a series of three frames, captured from the video we recorded through one of the thermal weapon sights.....none of these hog made it! Frame 1 : Before the first shot A second later : After the first shot...one down. A few frames later: After the second shot....2 down. The other two made it about 20 yards before they "bit the dust".

Man that is cool!!! I gotta come hunt with you one day!!! Do you record most of the shots on hogs through the scope(s)?

Site Owner
    We try to record everything through the thermal scopes because they have a video out. Recording through the night vision scopes isn't nearly as easy. We're about to buy a new HD video camera with a Gen3 Astroscope, so we can record everything....Shooting video is pretty cool! (but you knew that) LOL

Show us the vidio from this and other hunts

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdude1234
    Man that is cool!!! I gotta come hunt with you one day!!! Hogdude - I have had the pleasure to go hunt with these guys and they have some of the most bas a$$ cool equipment. It really was an awesome experieince and I would recommend setting some time aside to joine them on at least one hunt - it is time well spent.

thats badass , cool pictures

We are gonna check out my buddy's thermal scope mounted on his AR-15 on Monday Night, too bad the moon is not full, we got one feeder light up and the hog pipe is visible at night.

Site Owner
    Ah, but that's the neat thing about a thermal scope.....you don't need any moonlight...or starlight.....or any light at all. Good luck on Monday night.....post some pics !

Great pics. Nice of you to commemorate the piggies' passing on film.