Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PIN TOGETHER PORTABLE HOG TRAPS

Luke Clayton here.Anyone know of a place to get a portable, lightweight hog trap that 'pins' together?Ineed a trap that is light enought so that one man (me) can pack a couple of panels at a time back into the woods. Feel free to email me through the radio show web site www.catfishradio.com. Much thanks, LC

if you can't find any, give me a holler and i can build you one

yea here is a great one i have 3 of these and love them. check out the guys web site http://www.goinfencing.com/Home.php

Still Cant Beat this one

The best one I ever saw was a portable hog trap like the one you want, it was red with panels that connected togehther and you could put it in a big square or circle, with a door that had a spring on it and could catch multiple pigs, i wish I had a photo of the door, it was the coolest, that trap caught 22 pigs in one night!!! Problem is that it was so portable someone found it and stole it, never saw another one like it, damm!!!

. I FOUND one! www.gaterboy.com makes an aluminum 6 foot trap that ships economically and weighs about 50 pounds. Got one coming later this week and can't wait to put it to work. Does not have a bottom, which is good, the wire spooks lots of hogs when they step on it. Can't wait to set the trap up near the house here. It's not for the commercial trapper but rather the guy that wants to trap one or two hogs to eat. It's six feet long and when anchored down with a T post or T post and tied to a sappling, will catch and hold hogs well. Check them out online. Good hunting and trapping to all of you. Luke Clayton

By the way, thanks guys, for all your input. I think this aluminum trap will be the cat's meow for what I need. I'm not interested in trapping a bunch of hogs,just one or maybe two at a time. That's about all I care to butcher, cure and turn into ham, etc.. Thanks again! Luke Clayton

Does anyone have any good suggestions or ideas on how to build a hog trap door that is either spring loaded or functions in a way that allows multiple pigs to enter the trap. I am planning on building a cirlce trap around my hog pipe and using panels and T post, but want to build a good hog trap door to catch more then one hog at a time with.

I think the way to trap multiple hogs is the way you rig your trip wire and the way you bait your trap. For example: I run a vertical trip wire in all of my traps. The wire running straight down keeps the first hog in the trap from tripping it by kicking a horizontal trip wire...and spooking all of the other hogs off...with the vertical wire there is more time usually for the hogs to pile in there and feed and then when they start moving around and fighting for the bait one of them hits the wire tripping the trap with several in there. Also, I bait my traps with the door wired open for a few days, or until I feel that the hogs are just piling in there and feeding without any hesitation. Then I set the trap. I once trapped 6 hogs in an 8 foot round trap in one night, 5 hogs the next night. All young, 100 lbs hogs. Got them all. They had rooted up 7 acres of wheat in three nights. I was thinking that if I baited the trap for one more night to begin with I woulda trapped them all in one night. ANY type of door will work if you got the hogs baited up good and the trap rigged with a vertical trip wire.

Good tip on the vertical trip wire.. That took some thinking and.... experience. Thanks much for the info!