Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glad to share the info Luke!!! Another little tip is to use "mule tape" when rigging your wire. I run a simple hook made of a piece of heavy galvanized wire...from a cattle panel. I hang it from the top of my trap and it hooks under the door to hold it open. I run thin electric fence wire from the hook back to a length of "mule tape" that rides over the top of the trap...then another piece of wire from the other end of the "mule tape" down to the floor of the trap, or a horse shoe hammered into the ground...in my traps with no floor. I use a horseshoe because if I loose it, it is just a horseshoe left in the pasture or wherever and not a stake or something that may puncture a tractor tire or something. The reason for the "mule tape" is because it has no memory, and it rides good over the panel roof of the trap. Works great for me.

<embed height="344" width="425" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RO7q9z2CMy4%26hl=en%26fs=1%26rel=0%26ap=%2526fmt=1 8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed> Here is a little vid of me andthe portablepen trap in action!!! I have caught up to 22 head in this trap before. My good friend who also uses this trap has caught 60 head (including piglets)in one night in this trap. We actually have severalmore panels we could use to make it bigger, but I only needed so many for this particluar trapping job.

One of our traps has a vertical door with hinges on the top. We run a rope from the bottom of the gate, push the gate open and run the rope on top of a metal pole about 2 ft from the end of the trap. We place corn on the ground and lay the rope on top of the corn and then place 3 medium size rocks on top of the rope. When the hogs push the rocks to get to the corn, the trap door closes. This gives more time for multiple hogs to enter the trap before the gate closes. As hogs compete for the corn, inevitably, they will push the rocks to get to the corn releasing the rope. On Tuesday 3/23. we caught a sow and 13 piglets.

Man there were a couple of hogs in that trap that I would love to shoot, that black sow had a real nice razorback!!!

GUYS, MY NEWSPAPER ARTICLE IS ON TRAPPING HOGS,INCLUDED PICS OF THE ALUMINUM TRAP AND 22 HOGS IN ONE TRAIL CAM PIC. GOOD HUTING AND.... TRAPPING TO ALL OF YOU. Go to www.catfishradio.com and click READ LUKES NEWSPAPER ARTICLE