Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEEDERS

Try Ultramatic feeders or Magnum Hunting Porducts. The both put out extremely dependable digital timers along with some of the best spinners Ihave ever used. The spinners have flaps on the to keep the corn thieves from getting your corn. These timers, linked up with a good 10 watt solar panel and a decent 12 volt , 7.5 amp hr batt and you will run the season or longer with no problems with it ever not feeding. MPO.

Since corn prices have gone thru the roof ($10 50lb)and I want my deer eating only protein right now, I have started using hog barrels. Plastic 55 gal. drums from Pepsi. They have had syrups and sweeteners in them so I don't even wash them out. Drill a one inch hole at the bottom of the barrel about one inch up. Next get a 1.25 ID, 3inch OD heavy washer(3 for $5). Drill 4 holes in it to mount the washer around the hole( .79 cents for 5-1x12 round head metal screws). (This keeps the pigs from ripping the barrel open). I bend the washer to form to the curve at the bottom of the barrel. Strap to a tree and stake with 4 T-Posts. I pull the post tight at the top of the barrel with rope making a web to keep the hogs from lifting the barrel. Open the top and pour in the corn and set up a camera. For the first setup I'll pour last years Acorn rage, Hog Wild, Jello, Vanilla Extract....and corn at the front of the hole. I also hang a water bottle with vanilla extract as a sent bomb. I put the setup next to a feeder that I've been shooting pigs and start to ween them off the feeder. I only have it going off for 2 seconds at 10pm. Here's pix of the barrel. The brown hog barrel pix is how this came about...I'd like to thank that person and find out where they got the screw top brown barrels.

What is a good distance for hog hunting, blind to feeder ?