Thread: Good Land

Good Land

Hello yall I am a new bow hunter. I've been a rifle hunter for a while and recently got introduced to bow hunting. Bow hunting is hella fun. I used to go to rocksprings and Utopia to hunt for deer. I'm looking for a place to buy land where there is good amount of pigs and deer. I have gone with friends, but I want my own. I'm looking from rocksprings to down south in beeville. Nothing to exmpensive. I think about 15-25 acres about 35,000-60,000. Please advice

I like the area around Beeville, lots of big deer and hogs, even Refugio is another great place to purchase property, they say there is good minerals in the dirt that is great for the wildlife. Do some research about good places to look for property. My uncle bought 20 acres on the Nueces River near Lake Corpus Christi a few years back and we have harvested over 15 nice bucks on his small ranch with two blinds and two feeders, but no hogs. Alot of people would agree that having no hogs around is good for deer hunting, but I like to have plenty of hogs around to hunt year round.

I agree with you. I do want to keep my deers, but I think I want hogs so I cant hunt all year round once again thanks

I will still would like to get some more information on land. Thanks for the help

I will still would like to get some more information on land. Thanks for the help

Check out Texashuntand fish.com they have a lease section

I too am hunting for land to buy for hunting,I have owned land in these (ranch subdivisions) they take a big ranch chop it up into small tracts everybody hunts on everybody elses place.Not again. I am looking for 30 to 100 acres next to some bigger places. I like the Rock Springs area but it is so far out there.Want hogs and deer exotics would be great but its a long way out there. Good luck on your hunt.Chuck