Check Your Equip Well

Any of y'all bowhunters that are like me, you get real anal when it comes to your equip. You check, double check and checkagain. Nowhere did Iget an inkling what was going to happen to me today. Iwas shooting my normal 50 or so arrows every otherday and at full drawmy string let go. In no way did Iexpect it to let go where it did. The string parted right at the loop where it attaches to the inside of the cam. That point never sees any rubbing or chance of abraision. When it let go, it got me from my anchor point, just belowmy jaw all the way to my nose. Inow have a nice crescent moon shaped raspberry. Needless to say, I am done for the day. LOL

Bro, its happened to me also except that I had a BH on the end of my arrow shaft and it ruined my shot at a nice buck and popped me right in the face. I never did see a fray or nick or anything and I get pretty anal about my strings also, so now I carry at least two with me, Oh yea and a face mask for those iffy moments LOL. All the best to you and I hope the sting goes away soon. STP

Gary can we get a picture of your misfortune?

Here you go Doug. Thethird pic is the post where the end of the string attaches inside the cam. Second is the string andfirst is my neck and jaw. Mind you, it is one day later now, but the raspberry is still there all the way along my jaw.

Always been kind of scared of that happening. But I thought it would of cut a person worst than that, maybe you got lucky as far as the injury goes. Bet it stung for awhile..................or still does

turn down the lbs HE-MAN !!!! lol glad to see and hear your ok. Im off to get a new string this week thats fo sure!

It stung for quite awhile Bro. Left one hell of a welt for several hrs also. The bow is only set for 62lbs. Ireally can't see any reason for it to break where it did. The bow is only 2 yrs old. Igot it in the late part of '08

all I can say is SON OF A BEE!! my bow was a hold over from 06 Ive shot it for going on 2 seasons now, have been waxing the string religiously but been on my mind to get new strings and cables. I'm definitely ordering some new stuff after seeing your pics. Lucky it didn't snap you in an eye or something.

Ilooked at another 08 Diamond Rock today at Gander and what seems to have happend is right where the loop comes together and the serving starts is a sharp edge inside the cam. Ishowed the Bowtech Rep this today and they are going to look into it for me. That point where is broke is the spot in the cam where the string and serving hit the edge of the cam itself and has quite a bit of side load on it. Ihad an old PSE break on me one time and it dotted my eye. LOL