Friday the 13th with a hog

Last weekend we had found were the pigs had started rooting up the ground. So we like any hunter would do started setting all the hog traps. As the week went on we check and check the traps, nothing all week long. Finally Friday the 13th it paid off we had a 200 lbs. plus hog. A friend had been telling us about taking the pigs alive. So my future father inlaw and I thought why not try. There was four of us there we just new we could do it. My future father inlaw and his friend was able to rope the pig in the trap. Then we were able to duck tape the mouth. While were doing all this the fourth guy is on the phone talkin to someone who does this all the time. He tells us we have to climb into the trap with the hog. My future father inlaw and his friend said, "we roped and duck taped the mouth so you two will have to climb in and hog tie it. So the fourth guy gets off the phone and waisting no time we hope in the pin. I grab the hogs back leg flip the pig and he sticks his foot on its kneck. I proceed to hog tie the hog. I was so pumped. The rush was awesome!!! I finish the hog tie and with no warnning the hog goes out of control. The hog was able to break the tie and turn towards us. I saw my whole life flash before my eyes, then I see the other guy bolt out of the trap!!! I just knew I had to get out of there before I got jacked up. So I too took off. After all that hard work we relized some how the hog broke it back leg. So I whipped out the pistol and blow the hog away. I must say the rush was great!!! I couldn't wait to do it sucessfully!! I am glad to say that on Sunday we were able to trap three hogs. We had the guy who we had on the phone come out and show us how to do this. We now have three hog waiting to be sold.

Good story, Where you going to sell them. You may get 25 bucks for them.Wish they were paying more these days.

I end up selling them for $25 to my boss at work.

Sounds like you might need a hog trailer to back up to the trap door and load them that way.....it is way safer for you and the pigs.

Were working on one right, now. We have a boat trailer we pick up for free, we're adding a floor and walls. We just dont know what kind of door to put on it.