HOGS FINDING THE FEEDER ?

How long will it take for hogs to find the feeder. I have it full with 250lbs of corn and six boxes of cherry jello going off 18sc. twice a day. So far its been six days running and only two deer pics and one cow....????

Mine has been feeding 20 seconds twice a day for almost a month and so far i have only had about 6 pigs comeing to feed. just give it time. i have seen pigs run right past feeders with corn out and not even stop. its gunna take a while for them to figure that your feeder is a reliable food source.

It all kind of depends on how many hogs are in the area and the other available food sorces, which can all change during a years time. However on average I'd say 1-3 weeks on a place with decent hog numbers. I've seen them find a feeder within 1-3 days of putting it out on some spots and others it took 2-4 weeks. The closer to water you get the faster it seems that they find it. A beaten trail used by hogs is good too and is my second favorite choice. I feel that they almost have to run into it by chance, rather than smelling the corn down like some think they can. Jello and kool aid can help but I feel it helps more after the feeder is already being used. I like to be very mobile when finding a new spot for a feeder by using bucket feeders. By using bucket feeders I invest very little time and money on a spot that might or might not produce well.

if you are interested in the deer, don't worry about the fact that you arn't getting many pictures right now, they don't eat much corn this time of year but will during fall and winter.

I agree with Cody, try setting up mobile feeders like a bucket feeder in different locations to see if they are hitting that also, don't rule out using a "hog pipe" also, I like to set mine at the opposite end of where my feeder is so I have the feeder to my left and the hog pipe to my right to attract hogs. I would also try using different baits, mix in soem diseal with the corn or set out some flour in a pile under the feeder, throw some old bread out, whatever it takes to get the piggies interested in the feeder.

Thanks for all the good info .....I dont have the deer hunting rights just hog ...really all i want is hog there......The one and only deer hunter, on 200ac. has his feeders going year round (4yrs.) but he says the hogs are so bad that he has put pens around his feeders so the hogs have not had any corn for a long time so like Cody said it may take a while. I`m gonna hit them with everything i got ...jello,four,soured corn etc. This place is all bottom land ,creeks,water,grape vines,wild black berry's ...90% of it is heavy brush huge oak trees etc. So i guess time will tell!

might take them awhile right now, got alot plants and bushes bloomin right now alot of natural forage, it wiil take them awhile to pull of the established feeders. might give some thought to addin a rub pole close to your feeder. good luck ---it will be worth the wait when they find your feeder