Red River Hogs......

Doesn't look like any Red River hogs I have ever seen!....Oh,..wait....wrong Red River...... http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,2843480.story

Yes Sir thats one of my dream hunts in South Africa followed by bush pigs then wart hogs. I guided a Bowhunting only Outfitter that has them on his concession area but I cant see paying 1600 to go kill a hog even if it is one as cool lookin as that. I guess thats why its a DREAM hunt. STP

Hehehe! Yeah,...as in..."Keep Dreamin'!"...

I have seen Red River hogs before on Safari hunting shows, it's funy how hogs can be found pretty much all over the world. I would like to go to Argentina and do some hog hunitng over there or New Zeland, Hawai, or even Russia!!!

I tell you what SirVival he had some really decently priced packages for plains game and warthogs. Then when you look at his ala carte prices for extras and it comes to Red River pigs its says by chance 400 and over bait at night(which is pretty much when they move) it hops to 1400. So you figure for the everyday workin man a few thousand for the flight then another couple grand for the package hunt then if you want to hunt one over bait at night for a better chance 1400 more so right there your in it for 6400 roughly not including tips and taxidermy fees for dipping packing drying and shipping. So your lookin possibly at maybe 7300 for the whole shebang and thats not including the rest of the animals you want shipped back to the states for your taxidermist. Just your hog. I may be off by a lil bit depending on what they now charge to dip salt and dry the capes and hides for shipping. So when you say Keep dreamin I think I'll do just that that is until I hit the lottery.LOL STP

Truly blessed are those who can afford such hunts. Maybe I'll join the ranks one day. I have always been fascinated by warthogs for some reason. I talked to Cody Weiser of "Black Gold" fame and awhile back about it, and basically, they are a plains animal, comsuming mostly specific grasses. It would be REALLY cool to have a warthogo ranchhere in Texas. But I gues some thigns you just can't import......I don't even know if they are capeable of crossbreeding with our hogs. If they were, maybe at least you could get a wart hog/hybrid that could make it here......You know,...like Texas needs another non-indigenous critter reeking havoc on the land....(Would be fun to hunt though!)

Yea could you imagine the time the dogs would have if they met up with one. I'd really like to take a goodn with my longbow.

Or a big "ol feral hog with tusks like that and an attitude to boot? Run for the hills boys!!!!!!!! LMAO