Site Owner

A New THC Record !!!! 28 hogs and a Bobcat in 1 night!

Well, it's been a while since we posted any stories....and for that, I apologize! It's not that we haven't been hunting....but, like everybody else, we've just been BUSY! But after last night, we just had to share the details of the hunt! To set the stage, we had the good fortune to hunt with 3 guys who had several things in common....friendship, the love for God & Country and the US Army! Tony, Bob and Jose came to Madisonville, by way of Ft. Hood and Ft. Leavanworth....and they were "locked and loaded"! After a nice supper, we drove a few miles south of town to our "battlefield" and got geared up. Usually there is a pretty steep learning curve when it comes to acquainting hunters with our gear....but not with these guys! They took to the gear like a duck to water. When the sun went down, we were off in search of pork! The search didn't take long either....about 30 minutes into the hunt, we spotted a group of 32 hogs, rooting up a storm in the creek bottom. After a quick check of the wind, we made a stalk to within about 60 yards of the main group......and the war started! General George Patton said " I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."....and that's exactly what Tony, Bob and Jose did! When the dust settled, 14 hogs had met their maker. Good job guys! After a few pictures, we loaded up and continued the search for "the enemy". About an hour later, we found them.....another group of about 15. This time we some "friendlies" to deal with. The hogs were rooting up a meadow about 20 yards from a large group of cattle, so we had to be careful. If you've never been in that position, it seems that the cattle are somtimes collaborating with the hogs! Kind of like an Early Warning System! We finally manueved so that we had a clear shot at the hogs and once again, all that Army training took over! 4 more bit the dust! 18 and still counting! Our previous record was 23 hogs...hhmmmmm! Number 19 wasn't as pretty. We saw him about the same time he saw us....and it was "off to the races"! Jed managed to cut him off with the Ranger before he got to the woods and made a couple of excellent shots to end the boar's rooting career! Because of the recent heavy rain, we didn't get a photo of him....but high water or not, he's part of the body count! The next hour or so was a little slow and we were beginning to think that the record was out of reach. But, as we got back to within sight of our trucks, things changed! A lone sow ...a quick stalk.... and we were up to 20! We thought we were done and then we saw the last group of the night...rooting about 100 yards from our parked trucks! If it hadn't been for the suppressors on the guns, we would've been busted after the previous stalk, but the final group never heard a thing. Needless to say, the guys went to work and laid down seven more! A new THC Record! To make things better, Jed spotted a bobcat as we were gathering up the last group of casualties. A couple of shots later, the count was 27 hogs and a bobcat! The next morning, after a whopping 2 hour nap, Carl, Dewayne and I decided to gather all of the hogs for a group photo. That's when we found Number 28! As it turns out, the second stalk netted 5 hogs, not 4! Because of the high grass and ground fog, we didn't see the spotted boar fall....but we spotted him, thanks to the morning sun. 28 hogs and a bobcat....a great night for sure....a new THC Record! The bar just got raised! Thanks again to Tony, Bob and Jose for a great night ! We truly enjoyed it! Hooah!

That would be alot of gutting and skinning for one night. Congrat's Clark, to you and Jed and the "Army of One" or 3 Ishould say.

truck load of pork --- congratulations on the record

awesome, that's alot of trigger pullin in one night

Unbelievable!!! That is awesome!!!

Site Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogdude1234
    Unbelievable!!! That is awesome!!! It's believable...and do-able! For a new record, all we have to do is kill 29....You ain't skeered, are ya? LOL ! Come get some Shane!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigem
    Unbelievable!!! That is awesome!!! It's believable...and do-able! For a new record, all we have to do is kill 29....You ain't skeered, are ya? LOL ! Come get some Shane!
    Me??? Skeered??? Well, maybe....skeered that my hands would be cramping up after butchering 32 hogs

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got an extra pr of them for ya brother Shane.