2 Less Corn Thieves...

Had a big group show up tonight. but couldn't get a shot. After they left, these guys came in. Video coming soon...

I can't view the pic but I'm guessing coons. At my feeder they're a big problem, I have up to eight every night and they get up there and hit the spinner and throw corn until they're full. I have always gone by the rule "if ya ain't gonna eat it, let it live". But it's getting old. I just got back from putting some axle grease on the feeder legs and dousing the ground under the feeder with diesel. I hope that works or I'm gonna have to do something I don't wanna do.

You can also tie rap tack strips for carpeting on your legs. It is easier and less messy.

hmmm, I might try that too. I just happen to have some left over tack strip in the barn.

That's it! I've had enough. Death to coons.

Marshall, Sounds like you could use some help there. Got anything in mind? LOL

Well, he-he...I put the carpet tack strips on the feeder legs yesterday, wrapped em up tight with 3 on each leg held securely with zip ties. I got up this mornin' and went to get my pics off the cam, got there...hmmm, 42 pictures. Got back to the house, looked at the pics and ....you guessed it. Coons all over my feeder. I just don't get how they climbed up those sharp tacks. Yes, I need help.

Well, 5 down- 3 to go.

Man, I have used the tack strips for yrs now and have never had the kind of problems like you are having. Is there any way you can put a cage around your spinner so that the coons won't be able to get to it? American Hunter has some elec's that have the cage and you can actually electrify the cage around it. Maybre you can look at the online and see if maybe you can adapt someting like that to yours. Just a thought.

I've looked high and low for them cages, as I didn't want to kill the coons...but I never found any. A buddy of mine had a cage on his feeder and the coons tore it right off. I don't know if he didn't properly install it or what, but they ripped it right down.