Trail Cam pix 8/23-9/5

Still no pigs. Lots of new deer.

Looks like you should have a good deer season. I have the total opposite problem as you, lots of hogs and very little deer showing at the feeders.

Gotta kill them hogs so the deer have vittles to eat man. LOL!!!!!!!!

No kidding Cody, we need to go whack some hogs so the deer have a chance to participate in bow season.....17 days and counting!

The problem really isn't that the hogs are keeping the deer away. The area I am hunting just has very few deer due to lack of cover. I hunted this very same place for hogs 6-7 years ago and never even got any pics of deer. I am getting so few pics of deer that I won't be wasting my time bow hunting. Now after they plant the winter wheat I hope it brings more deer to the area. Last year I saw a few deer almost every time I went on the wheat. I passed on few bucks and some does last year. If those hogs get to where they are coming in at a decent hour we just might go bust some of them, AHM1.

I was up in Avoca Friday & Sat. Dove hunting on the 1800ac Griffith Ranch (Legends Dove Hunt). The ranch manager was telling me about the place. Not real thick cover but lots of deer, hogs, Quail & Dove. The only crops are cotton. He said the deer are chowing on the cotton leaves. I'm going to do some European Skull mounts for him and some of his guys for the pig hunting rights after deer season. This guy manages 5 ranches in Jones & Shackelford counties. Should be some great pig hunting.